Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2010, 08:03 AM

Default Pro Tools PROBLEMS!!!! Notice Plural

I can not do anything with any plug-ins or adjust things without this popping up. What does this error message mean? And what can I do to fix it?

Could not complete your request because file not open (-38) while reading Protools-vdb.

I'm kinda getting scared that I don't have enough space/room on my computer to hold everything. I don't have a lot of PT files on my computer, but I'm just getting a strange feeling that I might screw myself over eventually when I'm recording numerous bands at one time or mixing a project while recording another.

If possible what are the correct steps to take in my computers capabilities to make sure I have everything I need to have enough storage, CPU usage, buffer size is good, just everything, you would need to correct or know in a typical recording studio session with the limited things that I have. I realize that with the limited things I have, I am "limited", but enough to not lose anything or disable my progress, etc. Basically, what is the correct PT set-up for an:

iMac version 10.5.8
Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (1 processor)
Memory: 4 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM (which i think is the highest i can go)
# of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4MB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Mbox 2
Pro Tools LE 8

I also realize that an external drive is going to help and believe me, I'm going to get one with at least a terabyte, but I need to get money first. PLEASE HELP, I HAVEN'T LOST ANYTHING YET!!! I JUST DON'T WANT TO.

Also, when I'm consolidating my tracks and I have some that have elastic audio on them and then delete the "unused regions" is that going to affect anything in the final mixing or some hidden audio within the PT session? Just wondering. Is there also a reason why PT is opening very slowly, to the point where I have to force quit because it's not responding when trying to load the mix window?

Thank you, I'm sorry for rambling