Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2003, 05:29 AM

Default Please recommend a setup for me

I want to record midi into PTLE 6.0. I have an Mbox with monitors and I just got a Roland JV-1010 module. I also have a Motu Fastlane 2x2 interface and a Midiman Keyboard controller with midi out only. How can I set these things up so I can hear what I am recording as I record and then at playback?
Jeff K
Old 03-22-2003, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Please recommend a setup for me

Assuming you have the midi interface correctly set up and the software for the interface installed, take the midi out of the keyboard into one of the midi ins (Port 1 midi in for example) on the interface. Then connect the midi out of the interface to the midi in of your Roland JV-1010 module. Connect the audio outs of the JV-1010 to the Mbox and set up a track in the mix window of PTLE to monitor the same inputs of the Mbox. Create a midi track and record something to see if if works as is.

It really should be that simple. You may have to change some setting on the keyboard and in PTLE too. Post back if you have any other problems.

Hope this helps. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2003, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mfym:
Assuming you have the midi interface correctly set up and the software for the interface installed, take the midi out of the keyboard into one of the midi ins (Port 1 midi in for example) on the interface. Then connect the midi out of the interface to the midi in of your Roland JV-1010 module. Connect the audio outs of the JV-1010 to the Mbox and set up a track in the mix window of PTLE to monitor the same inputs of the Mbox. Create a midi track and record something to see if if works as is.

It really should be that simple. You may have to change some setting on the keyboard and in PTLE too. Post back if you have any other problems.

Hope this helps. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Old 03-25-2003, 07:01 AM

Thanks for the reply. That setup works well. Now, if could only figure out how to consistently control the patches of the JV-1010 from the keyboard. The CC messages are not easy for me to grasp. Are there any good resources for help?