Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 04-25-2013, 09:01 PM

Default Structure Installatio Issue

I bought the PTIEP download. I installed Strike, Transfuse, Velvet and Hybird without a hitch ... but waited on installing Structure until I could rearrange a little space on my hard drive.

As I go to install now in Win7, I keep coming upon a problem of the installer stating it cannot find the "Structure Content 2" folder.

I downloaded all the content folders, including Structure_Content_2_win_v11_65647.zip.

When I unzip this file (as well as the others) it creates the following folder structure:

Structure\ Structure Factory Libraries\ Structure Encrypted Samples\ Samples DVD 2.

Structure Encrypted Samples also includes Sample DVDs 1 v1.1, 3, 4 & 5. These folders contain the *.big files and no further sub-folders.

The included 'Structure Installation.txt" file states: Create 'Structure Factory Libraries' folder inside folder containing setup file.

Well I didn't have to do that, as unzipping creates and populates the 'Structure Factory Libraries folder.

I don't have room on my C:\ drive, so I unzipped the content zip files in the same directory where I've placed Strike, Transfuser, etx. When asked where to install content I select that path to the Structure folder.

The installer begins setting things up in the Common Files\ Digidesign\ DAE folders ... then stops and states it cannot find 'Structure Content 2.' I've started the installer inside the Structure folder at the level of the Libraries folder and one level higher. Each time it requests the 'Structure Content 2' folder location. I've redirected to every folder level in the path ... but it continues to tell me it cannot find that folder. I've even tried renaming 'Samples DVD 2' to 'Structure Content 2,' but that doesn't work either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

DF
Old 04-25-2013, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Structure Installatio Issue

If the path name is too long, it can cause a problem. I suggest putting the installer and the content on the root of whatever drive you have it on.

Buttdialed by me & Tapatalk

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 04-26-2013, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
If the path name is too long, it can cause a problem. I suggest putting the installer and the content on the root of whatever drive you have it on.

Thanks ... I'll give that a shot.

Can you confirm whether placing the installer inside the Structure folder at the same level as the Libraries folder is correct and whether the Sample DVD 2 is the target that 'Structure Content 2' refers to?

Thanks.

DFT
Old 04-26-2013, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Structure Installation Issue

I should add, is this the right place for help with this or should I go over to Airmusictech?
Old 04-26-2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFT View Post
Thanks ... I'll give that a shot.

Can you confirm whether placing the installer inside the Structure folder at the same level as the Libraries folder is correct and whether the Sample DVD 2 is the target that 'Structure Content 2' refers to?

Thanks.

DFT
As far as I know, this is correct. I have the DVDs so it works different for me. Yes, this is the place to get help for the PTIEP.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control