Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 02-18-2011, 01:12 PM

Default Pitch Shift Not Working

I've been having trouble with the AudioSuite Pitch Shift that comes with ProTools having any effect on my audio tracks. It should be super simple, however whenever I process the audio after changing the pitch note, nothing happens to the resulting audio - it's the same note. All my other Audiosuite plugs work fine, and I'm fluent in how to use them, but Pitch Shift is being stubborn. I use melodyne and elastic pitch often, but when I just want to change one synth note or something simple, I'd like to just pitch it up or down really quickly.

I've read the manual and watched video tutorials and am doing what they say... which is: pull up pitch shift from the AudioSuite menu. Select the piece of audio I want to effect or the entire track. Change the "Note" in the bottom section of the plug in. Hit Process. The resulting audio track looks like it's been processed - gives me the "synth1PiSh 0_1" note on the audio itself, however when I play the audio after processing it, it hasn't changed the note at all.

Any ideas?

thanks
Andy

003 LE
OSX 10.6.4
Old 02-18-2011, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Pitch Shift Not Working

Hi Andy,
not to sound patronising or state the obvious, but when you have put in your required number did you hit the tab/enter key afterwards? Reason I ask is I made the same mistake a couple of time...entered the number on the semitone window and pressed process. nothing. because i didn't actually ENTER the darn number!
Use tab or enter. then also give the audio a second AFTER the process is over just to rebuild the waveform and you should hear it.
Hope that helps.
M
PT 10.0.0/Sibelius 7/Kontakt 4.2.4/EW PLAY Composers Collection 3.0.25/AIR Expansion Pack/Superior Drummer 2.2.3/McDsp V5 ML4000, Retro Pack, Revolver, AC Channel 2/Macbook Pro 15" Unibody/8GB Ram/2.2GHz Quad Core i7 2011/OS 10.7.2
Roland V-Drums,TD-8/M-Audio Keystation 61es/M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8r
Old 02-18-2011, 02:54 PM

Be sure you have the option "Use in Playlist" selected in the Audio Suite plugin.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:11 PM

hey guys,
Thanks for the responses. Yes, I have "use in playlist" selected. When I'm selecting the note in the plugin, I've tried tab and enter. On the tutorials they just use the slider to a note, and hit process and it works for them. But just to be safe per your suggestion, I clicked on the note, changed it manually, hit enter (and also did this using tab) and then went on to process the audio, and the notes still don't change. It's truly puzzling. I use the same methods with other all the other audiosuite plugins and i can manipulate the audio. Any other ideas?

Thanks again for the responses -
Old 02-18-2011, 04:14 PM

WAIT A SECOND! got it. you are right... I wasn't hitting tab/enter on the semitone field... i was focused on the note field and not noticing that the semitone wasn't changing. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 02-19-2011, 04:38 AM

Ha ha!
You learned from MY mistake! Glad I could help!
M
PT 10.0.0/Sibelius 7/Kontakt 4.2.4/EW PLAY Composers Collection 3.0.25/AIR Expansion Pack/Superior Drummer 2.2.3/McDsp V5 ML4000, Retro Pack, Revolver, AC Channel 2/Macbook Pro 15" Unibody/8GB Ram/2.2GHz Quad Core i7 2011/OS 10.7.2
Roland V-Drums,TD-8/M-Audio Keystation 61es/M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8r