Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2011, 09:38 AM

Thumbs up SSL Duende Native is out now... :)

http://www.solidstatelogic.com/music...tive/index.asp

Quote:
SOLID STATE LOGIC RELEASE DUENDE NATIVE PLUG-IN COLLECTION
Acclaimed SSL Duende Plug-ins now available online for free 30 day fully functional demo
OXFORD, UK — Solid State Logic, the world’s leading manufacturer of professional digital and analogue consoles is proud to announce the release of Duende Native. Duende Native plug-ins are functionally and sonically identical to the highly acclaimed, but now discontinued DSP powered Duende plug-ins, but they run natively using your host computers processing resources.
The Duende Native Plug-in suite is a collection of audio processing tools which bring professional audio quality, sophistication and benchmark performance within reach of all DAW users. Duende plug-ins provide the superior precision, advanced feature set and legendary tonal characteristics of SSL console products in affordable VST/AU/RTAS* plug-in form. They are quite simply the easiest way to get your hands on professional tools that will help you achieve professional mixes that sound like a record.
The foundations of the Duende Native collection are plug-in adaptations of two SSL console classics; the EQ & Dynamics Channel plug-in provides an EQ & Dynamics processing solution with all the power, precision, flexibility and signature tone of an SSL console channel strip… the legendary Stereo Bus Compressor plug-in gives you the classic SSL stereo master bus compressor that brings power and punch to your mix without compromising clarity. In addition to these SSL classics Duende Native includes Drumstrip and Vocalstrip which are ‘task specific’ plug-ins that each gather together a set of carefully selected and lovingly crafted processing tools to get you straight to outstanding Drum and Vocal sounds quickly and easily. X-EQ and X-Comp are both mastering grade processors that deliver superb balance of precision and tonal character. X-Verb is an incredibly powerful and flexible processor which brings beautiful hardware standard Reverb to your DAW.
All Duende Native Plug-ins are available for a free, fully functional initial 30 day demo AND for ongoing periodic free demos. Duende Native plug-ins are available to purchase individually from the SSL web store. Two boxed product bundles; Duende Native Essentials (includes; EQ & Dynamics Channel and Stereo Bus Compressor) and the Duende Native Studio Pack (includes; EQ & Dynamics Channel, Stereo Bus Compressor, Drumstrip, Vocalstrip, X-EQ and X-Comp) are available exclusively from SSL Resellers worldwide.
Duende Native is fully 64Bit capable in suitable Mac and Windows Operating Systems.
Find out more at www.solidstatelogic.com/duende
Prices
All prices exclude local taxes.
Individual plug-ins available only from www.solidstatelogic.com;
Duende Native EQ & Dynamics Channel; £199, 249€, $329
Duende Native Bus Compressor: £199, 249€, $329
Duende Native X-Verb: £220, 279€, $359
Duende Native X-EQ: £179, 229€, $299
Duende Native X-Comp: £129, 159€, $199
Duende Native Drumstrip: £129, 159€, $199
Duende Native Vocalstrip: £129, 159€, $199
Boxed Bundles available exclusively from SSL Resellers worldwide;
Duende Native Essentials Bundle: £299, 360€, $479
Duende Native Studio Pack: £699, 839.50 €, $1,099
*RTAS compatibility achieved using an FXPansion wrapper.
There's also free cross-grade for existing Duende users http://www.solidstatelogic.com/music...ross_grade.asp
AVID HD Native PCIe + HD OMNI; Digidesign 192 I/O (2x) & 96 I/O; Icon QCON Pro & QCON EX; Softube Console 1; NI Kontrol 25; Arturia SparkLE; UAD-2 Satellite DUO; UAD-2 PCIe DUO; Tascam DA-3000; TK Audio BC1-S; Warm Audio WA76; SSL XLogic Alpha Channel (x2); SSL X-PATCH; Lindell Audio 6X-500, 7X-500 & PEX-500 (all x2), lots of TCE & Lexicon reverbs; VintageMaker LittleOne 16/2 Summing Mixer; MUTEC MC3+ SmartClock; Mac Pro (2009) 8 Core 2.26; 24 Gb RAM; Pro Tools HD 12.8
Old 02-15-2011, 10:27 AM

Default Re: SSL Duende Native is out now... :)

Looking at the last line, does that mean the plugins are VST and AU only, but can be used in Protools (RTAS host) via the FXpansion wrapper? Not that it is a problem but I was hoping that it would have true RTAS plugins.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 02-15-2011, 10:47 AM

From SSL's FAQ:

Quote:
Question
Does Duende come with a full version of the VST-RTAS wrapper?

Answer

SSL Duende plug-ins are made RTAS compatible during the the software installation by a scripted process. We have licensed the technology from FXpansion to make this possible.

If you are looking to get full access to the FXpansion wrapper so that you can convert non-SSL VST plug-ins to the RTAS format, you will need to purchase a full software license from FXpansion.

You can buy it as a download from their online-store:
http://www.fxpansion.com/shop.php?addtocart=1&iid=039
The price is $99 US, or 75 EUR / 55 GBP + VAT.

NB: The link and price are correct at the time of writing, but may change!
I never had a problem with provided wrapper, actually, it's built-in in SSL's installer so you don't even see it.
AVID HD Native PCIe + HD OMNI; Digidesign 192 I/O (2x) & 96 I/O; Icon QCON Pro & QCON EX; Softube Console 1; NI Kontrol 25; Arturia SparkLE; UAD-2 Satellite DUO; UAD-2 PCIe DUO; Tascam DA-3000; TK Audio BC1-S; Warm Audio WA76; SSL XLogic Alpha Channel (x2); SSL X-PATCH; Lindell Audio 6X-500, 7X-500 & PEX-500 (all x2), lots of TCE & Lexicon reverbs; VintageMaker LittleOne 16/2 Summing Mixer; MUTEC MC3+ SmartClock; Mac Pro (2009) 8 Core 2.26; 24 Gb RAM; Pro Tools HD 12.8
Old 02-15-2011, 10:59 AM

Agreed that there is no problem with the wrapper. I just wanted to know if the plugins were real RTAS or not. In this case the clear answer is "not."

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 02-15-2011, 11:02 AM

You will also have to buy a SSL dongle

http://www.solidstatelogic.com/music...native/dongle/
Old 02-15-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
You will also have to buy a SSL dongle

http://www.solidstatelogic.com/music...native/dongle/
no, you don't have to buy it, there's virtual CMstick - up to 3 activations. You'll buy a dongle in a case you want to use it on different systems, just like E-licencer.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:22 PM

OMG! Why they did it? Now I have to demo it... and I know I'm gonna love it!

What do you mean by 3 activations? Can I activate both my Mac Pro and my Mac Book?

Hackintosh, 3,7 GHz 10-Core Intel i9, 64 GB 3200 MHz DDR4, OSX Catalina 10.15.7, PT HDX 2023.9.0, SSL 4040G+, tons of outboard

Mac Book M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, OSX 23.6, PT Studio 2023.9.0
Old 02-15-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelis View Post

What do you mean by 3 activations? Can I activate both my Mac Pro and my Mac Book?
Hi,

No, if your change your system drive or upgrade your mother board etc you can de-activate them from your current system first then re-activate them when you've installed your new system. you can't keep doing this, only 3 times are aloud! after that it would be at SSL's discretion i guess.

Alternatively buy the Wibu systems dongle, its about £30 form the SSL store, free shipping anywhere Worldwide.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:18 PM

I'm still waiting to crossgrade, I have two Duende Mini, found crossgrades for both units in my SSL account but have to find out will I be able to use them on two different systems... Chris, any idea about that?
Old 02-15-2011, 01:50 PM

How do these compare to the Waves SSL?

Carl
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.