Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2002, 09:55 PM

Default Re: digi sharing Irq with promise controller

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Audiohead:
Yavuz - I tried the format x:/z:64 command the last time I formatted an audio drive<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, the reason why i asked is it does not work in Win2K. Win2K is not DOS based. May be that is why.
http://volcanojazz.com
http://myspace.com/volcanojazz
Old 01-11-2002, 01:58 AM

hey guys all is well. I was able to force digi to ten slot 4, and layla to 7 slot 3.slot 1 and 2 appears to be hard wired together for no matter what i put in these slots they always jump to the sams Irq my promise controller is on. my only solution was to leave my terete and modem out completely and that I don't like. there is also a big difference in the speed when the promise is sharing. i diabled my com 1 and 2, printer port usb. this freed up 2 more Irqs but because slots 1 and 5 are mimicking the promise controller i can not force thoes slots to the available Irqs. anymore sugestions very much appreciated. alan
Old 01-11-2002, 01:47 PM

Alan,
I went trying to download a manual for your motherboard, but the Asus site was havign trouble.

In my Asus manual, there is a section on installing adapter cards that has a table. Along the top it says something like INT-A, INT-B and so on. Down the left it says slot1, slot 2, etc.

In the table it tells you which INT-X lines are hardwaire to which slot. If one of these says 'shared', then it's shared on the board and you can't change it. IF it's not shared, then you should be able to use it without sharing.

I've never had any IRQ problems that couldn't be explained by this table.

Best of luck,
Mark
Old 01-11-2002, 04:18 PM

Alan,
Post your IRQ settings again and lets see the changes. Looking forward to seeing you running at max. I also found out that the Layla cards are having difficulty with the KT266a chipset boards. I've seen it on Steinberg forums as well. Hopefully you will find a work around or not have that problem. Good luck.
Allen [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2002, 04:51 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by yavuzj:

Yes, the reason why i asked is it does not work in Win2K. Win2K is not DOS based. May be that is why.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

partition magic works great for that.... and i'm sure they have a version for win2k...
Old 01-11-2002, 05:37 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by da BaSsTaRd!:
partition magic works great for that.... and i'm sure they have a version for win2k...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, solved it. Did it from WinME.
http://volcanojazz.com
http://myspace.com/volcanojazz
Old 01-13-2002, 12:02 AM

Regarding the cluster size issue, I have a new Seagate Barracuda IV ATA100 hd on order. When it arrives, I'll format normally and do the Davec test on it, and do a track count torture test in Logic (last time I got 56 tracks of 24 bit on an ATA66 Barracuda). Then I'll reformat with the /z:64 option and run the tests again.

I'll post the results as "Format options" or something like that. But it'll be midweek at the earliest....

But it seems Partition Magic is probably the way to go.