Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2011, 01:49 PM

Default How to bus a multi channel track to a stereo track

Due to the current bounce to QuickTime-bug I need to bus my 5.1 master aux with the Neurinck SoundCode Stereo plug inserted to a stereo track from which I then can use for my bouncing. Otherwise I'm not able to bounce to QuickTime at all.

I can't figure out how to creat this kind of bus, going from 5.1 to stereo. The other way around was never problem.. Does anyone know?
Old 08-05-2011, 02:29 PM

Default Re: How to bus a multi channel track to a stereo track

make a LR subpath in the 5.1 bus you are using
make the input of the record track the LR subpath bus

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig

Last edited by Craig F; 08-05-2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: changed bus for path
Old 08-05-2011, 02:34 PM

No, you can't directly send a multi channel higher than stereo to a stereo. This is one of those things i would love to see AVID do.

The only way to do it with out a plugin, and call it old fashioned, is to bus your 5.1 aux to another 'record' 5.1 bus. Create 6 mono aux's, L C R Ls Rs Lfe, with the inputs routed to the individual stems of your 'record' 5.1 bus. Output these 6 to a stereo.. Pan tracks accordingly, and drop the C -3db and the surrounds -6 db each. (I think my numbers are correct, correct me if i'm wrong...)
Old 08-05-2011, 02:45 PM

But he says he has the plugin... so it should send out the L/R channels of the 5.1 (requiring subpath) or convert the bus to stereo on insertion (depending on the version).
Old 08-08-2011, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by postprosound View Post
No, you can't directly send a multi channel higher than stereo to a stereo. This is one of those things i would love to see AVID do.

The only way to do it with out a plugin, and call it old fashioned, is to bus your 5.1 aux to another 'record' 5.1 bus. Create 6 mono aux's, L C R Ls Rs Lfe, with the inputs routed to the individual stems of your 'record' 5.1 bus. Output these 6 to a stereo.. Pan tracks accordingly, and drop the C -3db and the surrounds -6 db each. (I think my numbers are correct, correct me if i'm wrong...)

Not to jack the thread, although I am probably still in the are of the op.
Can bouncing to a quicktime and making a Stereo from 5.1 using WAVES M360° Surround Mixdown?
Old 08-08-2011, 05:03 AM

craig is right. simply add a stereo sub path to your 5.1 bus coming from the plugin and use the sub path when bouncing to QT.

the output of the plug will only have signals on L/R anyway so no need to split up all the 5.1 channels. one stereo sub-path will do.

frank.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:59 AM

+1 on Craigs answer. I've got exactly the same setup. We slap the Neyrinck on the 5.1 printmaster stem. Make a stereo subpath and then bus out of that to a new stereo record track.

Taff

www.bangpostproduction.com
Old 08-09-2011, 04:20 AM

Finally I was able to bounce a stereo submix to QuickTime using a separate recording bus, unaffected by any inserts.
I had to try quite a few different options before I was successful. Also, I ran into a few errors/bugs on my way. To bad this forum doesn't accept picture uploads. I kept a few screen shots of them I wanted to upload.

Thank you for your help!