Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2001, 07:40 AM

Default record 24 tracks on one input, step by step please.

could someone tell me how to do it step by step? i'm new at this. thanks.
how do you assign each track to a different input.
example: use the 2 front 2 inputs for everything. all 24 tracks.
could someone please walk me through?
thanks.
Old 06-20-2001, 07:55 AM

Default Re: record 24 tracks on one input, step by step please.

Press option down when selecting the input channel for one track, then PT changes all track/aux inputs to the same. Likewise, when you have several tracks selected with the shift key (clicking on the tracks' names), keeping option and shift down when selecting input/outputs, making rec enables, changing between waveform/volume view and so on, will affect all selected tracks.

Is this what you needed to know?

Z
Old 06-20-2001, 08:03 AM

If I understand your question, you are asking how to record all 24 tracks (one at a time) using the M/L 1 input on the 001.

I am going to do you a favor. I am not going to give you the answer to this very fundamental question. You should go through the getting started guide. You are not going to get very far in recording your 24 tracks if you don't even understand how to assign an input to a track.

There are some very basic concepts that you should understand about recording in general and Pro Tools specifically before you can benefit from the wonders available to you in Pro Tools. It will take you about 2 hours to go through the getting started guide and the demo session. This will be time well spent. You will then be able to record, edit, and mix your music.

Welcome

Peter
Old 06-20-2001, 11:09 AM

You can't record 24 tracks simultaniously because the 001 only has 18 inputs. You would have to record 18 tracks then go back and record the other 6 tracks.
Old 06-20-2001, 06:53 PM

i didn't want to record 24 tracks at the same time. i was having trouble with recording on inuts 3-8, so i just thought that i would record one track at a time using the 2 inputs from the front.
i just wanted to see if anyone could tell me how to assign an input to a track. that's all. thanks.
Old 06-21-2001, 12:50 AM
Quiet Art Ltd.

on your channel strip(mixer view).hit the button that says i/o..it will show you the whole story..

WaveRider + Defaulter (now with LKFS)
QuietArt.co.nz

Catchin' SYNC app