Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 06-08-2010, 09:15 PM

Default Adjusting the wave height on a single track

On Mac hold down the Control key and Drag up and down vertically on a region to increase or decrease the vertical zoom. You must have the Zoom tools selected in order for this to work.

That would translate to Start key on Windows. Try holding Down Start Key and Dragging up and down on the region you want to zoom in on. Be sure to select the Zoom tool first.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Adjusting the wave height on a single track

This is one "improvement" I'm not so happy about. Clicking the waveform tool to increase the height in increments worked so well for finding clicks and other problems. Now, I'm goosing around with the key combo, all the way to the abrupt switch to pencil-editable form, missing the click altogether. I hope to eventually adjust to this unnecessary new oddness.
Exclusively Mac
Voice actor/Studio owner
Old 01-02-2016, 12:03 PM

This works intermittently on my windows 7 machine.
Using Zoomer Tool+Holding Start & Clicking inside the waveform to drag waveform, causes the waveform to go to maximum vertical height as soon as the mouse starts to move either up or down. The only way I have found to get it back is to lower all waveforms globally, but that makes the other tracks waveforms way to small to edit etc.
Once in a great while the procedure works and that has me stumped.
I have literally sat here and dragged the mouse over the waveform while holding the Start key 100 times looking for a "sweet spot" on the waveform and finding none, or having it work once or twice but not again. This is without changing anything else.
It's getting the best of me and I could really use some help with this one.http://duc.avid.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

A lot has been posted about changing individual waveform height, but this is about getting it to work every time not just 1 or 2 out of 100.

Thank you for any info you may have.
PS Also I've found that on the rare times it does work, if I release the mouse, it's gone and re-clicking does not bring it back.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:13 PM

Ditto....if it's not broken...why fix it???? I started 2 hours ago needing to edit a waveform by increasing the height...(another booboo..my 003 rack is one of the fortunate ones that had the wiring bundles tied too tightly and my pre amps do not work and never have from day one) so I have to increase the wave height to do a good job.

Anyway after wasting 2 hours I found JackP's post and even though I'm on a mac it is also variable and not consistent in functioning. The increments option was SO much better. Why do they go backwards in their UP...grades anyway????

Uggggg. Oh so frustrating.

Last edited by claredubois; 02-13-2016 at 01:15 PM. Reason: quoted wrong post
Old 02-13-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claredubois View Post
Ditto....if it's not broken...why fix it???? I started 2 hours ago needing to edit a waveform by increasing the height... (edit) so I have to increase the wave height to do a good job.
Might I suggest Cntrl-Z.
Zoom selection: select-ctrl-z.