Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 04-24-2002, 04:42 PM

Default Unknown Error

I'm getting an "Unknown error while selecting file xxx." This happens on my Pro Tools Mix Plus system while searching for audio files. A file will come up missing - I click search - a choice comes up with the arrow - I click on it -- and I get the error.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks.

Brian
Old 04-25-2002, 05:17 AM
Avid

Default Re: Unknown Error

I can't say that I've seen this error, but here are a few suggestions which you can try:

-Trash the DigiSetup File, Pro Tools preference, and DAE prefs (the entire folder) from the System Folder>Preferences folder. Empty the Trash and restart the Mac.

-Check the integrity of your drives with Disk Warrior or any other such utility. Repair any and all corrupted catalogs and/or BTree Directories.

-Rebuild the Desktop file for all drives. Hold down the Apple+Option keys while the extensions march across the bottom of the screen during boot-up. Hold the keys down until you get a window prompting you and then Click “OK”.

-The session file may be corrupt. Create a new session, use the File>Import Tracks command to transfer the tracks into the new session file and see if you can get them to open.

Brent