Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-22-2006, 02:51 AM

Default Mbox with outboard Compressor

In regards to my other post about the Mbox inserts or ins/outs with a compressor, I wanted to know if the following was possible, as im getting a bit of a headache with this!

I have the following :

PC for VST's only using Chainer (w/Midi interface) - using Mbox 1 as normal ASIO s/card > SP/DIF digital to :

Mac Running Logic & Protools w/ MOTU 828mkII (controlling the PC via Midi, as a VST sound module)

On the PC :
I have a SPDIF connection going from my Mbox into the 828mkII working fine, but can i permanently attach an Alesis 3630 compressor to the Mbox ins/outs and THEN send the compressed sound across via SP/DIF?

I have the 3630 connected to the Mbox ins/outs and the 3630 is registering on the compressor as audio in (meters flashing), but i can't hear any "compressed" signals? what are the correct connections for the mbox>3630? - can this all then be transfered across via SPDIF?

On the Mac:
I have logic running but also wanted another outboard compressor to be heard and "printed" on the Real-time bounce before bringing into PROTOOLS. i have connected this via the 828mkII's 9+10 ins/outs but the logic>helper>i/o doesnt seem to be working right? I have selected the output of the comp, and can hear compressed sound but cant record it?

I would like this on the OUT-1-2 ideally but i believe there is a bug with this? i have tried going to a bus instead but still no joy, OR if i select the compressor on the ins & outs i get a flanged feedback delay!

I think i'm almost there but can anyone tell me the correct settings for both computers so i can set up, & get it to work? Thanks in advance