Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2003, 03:46 PM

Default HTDM (lack of) and PT 6

Everything I have seen and read about PT6 seems to indicate that HTDM is not part of it.

Can someone from digidesign please confirm or deny this?

This is going to be a huge problem for people that use things like Altiverb for TDM systems.

Another problem will be with software synths. There is a list of "replacements" for Soft Sample Cell. On this list, the plug-in types all say RTAS, not HTDM. Also absent from PT6 is Direct Connect. Again for TDM users this is a real problem for monitoring soft synths on AUX inputs. It will not be possible.

If there is no HTDM for PT6, what will the solutions be for Altiverb and Soft Synths. Please respond.
Old 01-15-2003, 04:38 PM

Default Re: HTDM (lack of) and PT 6

Quote:
Originally posted by blairl:
Everything I have seen and read about PT6 seems to indicate that HTDM is not part of it.

Can someone from digidesign please confirm or deny this?

This is going to be a huge problem for people that use things like Altiverb for TDM systems.

Another problem will be with software synths. There is a list of "replacements" for Soft Sample Cell. On this list, the plug-in types all say RTAS, not HTDM. Also absent from PT6 is Direct Connect. Again for TDM users this is a real problem for monitoring soft synths on AUX inputs. It will not be possible.

If there is no HTDM for PT6, what will the solutions be for Altiverb and Soft Synths. Please respond.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">blairl,

You already asked this question on Dec. 24th, and got a response from a Digi engineer within a few hours. Why ask again?

_______

http://duc. digidesign.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=016734

Quote:
Originally posted by Saracino:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by blairl:
I don't see HTDM. Will RTAS plug-ins be supported on AUX tracks in PT 6 to compensate for the lack of HTDM plug-ins?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">HTDM support will be included in the initial release of PT6 as a "beta" component. Unfortunately, there were a few last minute bugs in HTDM that weren't solved until late in the development cycle and weren't able to receive full grid qualification. Rather than eliminate it from the release entirely, we decided to include it in the beta folder on the PT6 CD.

Please note that we haven't found any bugs with the beta version of HTDM, we're just very strict about what we consider "release" software.

-- Joe Saracino
Digidesign Engineering
<hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Old 01-15-2003, 05:08 PM

That oughta learn em!
Old 01-15-2003, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by slangification:
You already asked this question on Dec. 24th, and got a response from a Digi engineer within a few hours. Why ask again?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Wow! How embarrassing. I completely forgot about that thread. I even forgot that I got an answer.

I have been thinking about all of these software synths that will have RTAS support for PT6, but no HTDM support and forgot all about the previous thread. Apparently my brain is fried. I must be working too hard. However, there will still be a problem if the soft synths won't support HTDM. Does anyone know if the software samplers listed here will eventually support HTDM?

End of Sample Cell