Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-01-2002, 03:18 PM

Default Suddnely my session becomes incredibly long

Frequently when I work out ideas for a song, I reach a point where the "length" of my session jumps from around 15 or 20 minutes to hundreds of minutes, as though I had somehow passed a critical mass of measures that triggers the infi-session ... it makes things inconvenient, although not impossible to deal with. The biggest problem it causes is that it makes exported MIDI files extremely long.

This does not happen all the time -- anyone know the cause/fix? I use PTLE 5.1.1.
myspace
Old 01-01-2002, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Suddnely my session becomes incredibly long

When this has happened to me in the past it has been due to a piece of automation data being inserted at the end of one of the tracks..... Once found and deleted, the session then reverts to a sensible length.

Happy new year.
Old 01-01-2002, 07:00 PM

Kenny's right,

That's exactly what it is. You need to go though all your tracks and find which one has the extra stuff in it.

If you "select-all" in each track, you can see which one is longer. You need to have the right type of data selected to see it though.
Old 01-02-2002, 11:28 AM

Thanks! This makes a lot of sense. If I have any troubles following this advice to eliminate the problem, I'll let you know.
myspace
Old 01-02-2002, 03:02 PM

Lastnight I fell asleep while a session was playing. When I awoke my session was still playing and was at a few hours or so. I didn't realize at first but it added that time to my session, so my session was almost 4 hours!! To get rid of the extra I just went into shuffle mode and highlighted the "time bar" (I'm not sure what it's called...) and hit delete. It's the bar at the very top that's a light blue.
Old 01-02-2002, 07:26 PM

heh! LOL ... thanks for the anecdote ... I can assure you I don't fall asleep as frequently as I have these long sessions though! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
myspace