Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 12-13-2001, 11:49 PM

Default WHERE CAN I FIND THIS INFO!?!?

I'm pulling my hair out trying to find, somewhere, a document which should have been included either on Digi's website, or shipped with PT. I just can't believe such a thing doesn't exist.

I need to know all of the MIDI controllers assigned to the sends (and for that matter, EVERY OTHER KNOB AS WELL) in the MIX window. I finally figured out how to use an external MIDI controller to move the faders and panpots, but I can't for the life of me, figure out how to move the sends. They must be controlled by some sort of sysex string or something. Why on earth isn't that info available in the MIDI Controllers guide? It appears to skip right over that stuff. Also, the MIDI controllers guide says that PT will automatically dump several presets into my particular MIDI controller (A peavey 1600) the moment I select it in the 'Peripherals' page. No such luck. I see no MIDI lighting up on my MIDI interface when I do this, suggesting that no sysex dump is occuring, and the presets are still the factory ones. If anybody has experience with this, I would really appreciate it.

CS
Nashville, TN
www.fabmusic.com