Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio

Old 01-16-2022, 04:36 PM

Default MTRX Studio Talkback Button?

So after doing a fairly deep dive on the subject I can’t seem to find any “elegant” simple solutions for a momentary/latch talkback button to use. There is a 1/4” footswitch jack which the manual says can be used for either punch in/out OR talkback. However- I really don’t want to be using a stomp box style button to engage talkback. I know you can use a control surface like S1 or the Dad MOM and assign a soft button for talkback functionality- but does anyone know of a “standalone” solution? That is- a simple one button box of some sort that has a nice soft tactile push button that would be comfortable to push frequently (as opposed to a steel stomp box click button. Thanks!
Old 01-17-2022, 08:38 AM

Default Re: MTRX Studio Talkback Button?

The sustain pedal from a keyboard works well. Also, you'll find soft touch switches here: https://lovemyswitches.com/categorie...oft-touch.html

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 01-17-2022, 03:36 PM

Thanks Rich. Yeah- I was hoping to avoid having a keyboard pedal on my desk to use for this purpose. And I was also hoping to avoid a DIY situation where I'm buying a metal box, switches/buttons, raw wire, and soldering them together. I was hoping there was some sort of pre-fabricated solution- like a small box with a soft touch button that could either be momentary or latched on, that would be illuminated when engaged and then non-illuminated when back to it's "off" state. With a 1/4" TS cord that would simply plug into the footswitch jack in the back of the MTRX Studio.
Old 01-18-2022, 07:13 AM

Much obliged Dr. Sound. However- these options are for "in-line" mic mute switches. That is, these devices are for plugging a microphone directly into, then patching that connection out via XLR. What I'm looking for specifically is a device that plugs directly into the 1/4" footswitch jack on the MTRX Studio that works like a momentary on/off/latch style keyboard pedal- but having a form factor is more like the talkback button on a console or monitor controller.
Old 01-18-2022, 09:01 AM

Unlikely you'll find anything with an indicator light as that would require feedback from the interface as to its current state.

There's loads of soft touch switches out there for all kinds of things from tap tempo to page turning in score apps.

A quick look finds this

You could stick one of these on it: https://barefootbuttons.com

good luck!

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6