Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 04-10-2021, 09:05 AM

Default Ayaic Monolith

Hey, guys. Anyone having issues with PT not recognizing Ayaics monolith as a valid x64 plug-in? Their ceiling of sound works just fine. I´ve tried deleting both prefs and installed AAX in the appdata folder and re-installing the plug-in, but it just wont come thru. Ayaic support are not very hospitable regarding this issue, claiming it´s a AVID-support issue. Help?! / Jonas
Old 04-11-2021, 04:45 AM

Default Re: Ayaic Monolith

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNSW View Post
Hey, guys. Anyone having issues with PT not recognizing Ayaics monolith as a valid x64 plug-in? Their ceiling of sound works just fine. I´ve tried deleting both prefs and installed AAX in the appdata folder and re-installing the plug-in, but it just wont come thru. Ayaic support are not very hospitable regarding this issue, claiming it´s a AVID-support issue. Help?! / Jonas
AAX plugins should go in the regular PT plugins folder. Let the installer place it where it wants to go. Do you have the license on your iLok? I've had several instances where if a plugin license asset doesn't exist that PT will flag it as not being a valid aax 64 plugin.

Thing I have to ask myself is: do I really need/want an automated mixing plugin? My answer would be no.

QAPLA!
Old 04-11-2021, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
AAX plugins should go in the regular PT plugins folder. Let the installer place it where it wants to go. Do you have the license on your iLok? I've had several instances where if a plugin license asset doesn't exist that PT will flag it as not being a valid aax 64 plugin.

Thing I have to ask myself is: do I really need/want an automated mixing plugin? My answer would be no.
Thanks for answering. Well, yes, the plug-in ends up in PT plugins folder. No problem there. I have a license for it, of course, and i run their COS plugin without any hitches. Finally their support will look it over with AVID and hopefully get back to me with a remedy. Hmm, do i want a automation plugin? I do, i am foremost a musician and find automations both qualitywise good and useful getting the sound i want, much like i rely on presets to some degree.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNSW View Post
Thanks for answering. Well, yes, the plug-in ends up in PT plugins folder. No problem there. I have a license for it, of course, and i run their COS plugin without any hitches. Finally their support will look it over with AVID and hopefully get back to me with a remedy. Hmm, do i want a automation plugin? I do, i am foremost a musician and find automations both qualitywise good and useful getting the sound i want, much like i rely on presets to some degree.
I'm a musician as well but I also care about the quality of what I produce. I've done time on both sides of the glass and there's no plugin that can begin to guess what I want. Especially if you're trying to do something different with the sound that the program can't handle.

You say you have a license - is it oln your iLok? Are you using a physical iLok or Cloud? The latter is not reliable.

QAPLA!