Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-28-2011, 07:13 PM

Default Baffled: Unable to locate DigiDesign hardware

I've searched the forums, and know this is a recurrent issue, but haven't found an answer that quite matches my specifications. Grateful for help.

Running PT 8.0.4 on OS X 10.6.7 with an MBox mini. And though it was working just a few days ago, though the blue light indicating it has power is ON, I get the "unable to locate DigiDesign hardware" error message.

I have restarted my computer, and uninstalled/reinstalled Pro Tools. Nada.

Any suggestions? I'm at a complete loss as to why this would suddenly go pear shaped.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:27 AM

Default Re: Baffled: Unable to locate DigiDesign hardware

Yes, a common problem with PTLE 8 as it seems. I'm getting the same message on a very regular basis, as do many others. Yet DIG/Avid refuses to fix this problem, instead they force us to buy version 9.
I've spent a substantial amount of money on a PT8 Digi003 rig not so long ago, which never really worked in the first place... So now they want me to pay for the fix, that shouldn't have been necessary in the first place?