How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2011, 11:24 AM

Default [FR] - fader re-assigning and eucontrol improvements

Hi Guys,
I own an MC Control that I'm currently using via a Macbook with Nuendo on a PC.

I love the customization aspect of eucontrol, but what is really missing is the following:
-the ability to copy buttons on the touch screen pages, or move them around. Now you just have to go through the arduous process of re-assigning the same command, icon, text and color to each 'cell'.
-the ability to create a custom menu of favourite icons and colors for quick assignment.

In addition, it seems a waste that the knobs and esp. faders can only be used for one purpose.
For example, I've not been able to use the faders for anything but volume.
As I work a lot with midi as well, it would be great to be able to assign a fader to control a midi controller on the selected track, or a plug-in parameter, as often faders are more useful than knobs for this purpose.
It would seem silly to need to get another control surface for just that capability, as I rarely need more than 4 faders at once.....

Cheers,

Joe