Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 08-05-2002, 09:19 PM

Default Can someone answer this please? About deleting files from regions list.

I cannot *delete* files from regions bin that are;

1. Imported "added" into session after bounce.
2. Imported "added" into session from ANY location.

I guess it’s normal that you can’t delete files that are "added" into the session rather than copied into?

Same goes for naming regions and disc files. You can't rename a disc file if it was "added" to the session…? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Please clarify? Hope I'm making sense.

dk
Old 08-06-2002, 06:26 AM

Default Re: Can someone answer this please? About deleting files from regions list.

Quote:
Originally posted by dkrausz:
I guess it’s normal that you can’t delete files that are "added" into the session rather than copied into?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I didnt know about this, but it seems very natural that you cant delete an audio file that has been created in another sessions audio folder. It could be in use in its original session.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:15 AM

Default Re: Can someone answer this please? About deleting files from regions list.

Ok, seems sorta' logical I guess… But I wonder why we cannot delete files that are created in the same session's Audio Folder; i.e. ones that are bounced to disc?

dk
Old 08-06-2002, 07:37 AM

Normally you can delete files that fit into his description. IT would be helpfull if Pro Tools actually had some of the features in those catagories, but it doesnt.
Are you sure you are choosing an audio file and not an audio region. You can not delete a region from the HD, cause it is just a reference to an actuall file. You can remove it from the list, but not delete it.
Im betting that this is the case.
Old 08-06-2002, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Normally you can delete files that fit into his description.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Normally?? …really,

I really can't though. I did numerous tests with bouncing to disc-> importing after bounce (multi mono, same sample rate, bit depth and file type, current session audio folder as target). Could someone try this same procedure and let me know if you get the same result?

Quote:
Are you sure you are choosing an audio file and not an audio region.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes. Absolutely…

Quote:
You can not delete a region from the HD, cause it is just a reference to an actual file.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes thanks, but I do know that.

I just need to know if this is the norm or some kind of glitch. It's a pain to have to delete these files by dragging them to the trash from the folder. I would think that a "whole file" region created within the current session to it's native folder could be deleted from within the program, no?

Thanks,

dk
Old 08-06-2002, 09:28 AM

...oh yes, I did do the "hat-trick". You know, trash prefs, yadda, yadda... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

dk