Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 04-19-2016, 02:01 PM

Default Have to relinquish perpetual license for subscription?

I have a perpetual pro tools 12.3.1 license and the upgrade plan expired so I wanted to know do I have to give up that license if I wanted to just subscribe for a month to try 12.5 out. Also if I don't have to give up the license how would I go back to 12.3.1 there are no downloads for 12 in my products and downloads anymore it just says this a code and there are no downloads even though there used to be a link I could click to bring up all my past versions.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Have to relinquish perpetual license for subscription?

Best Way is .. get another hard drive and load up an New OS and PT 12.5 .. this keeps your 12.3.1 perpetual license working forever .. or whatever the Last Version was before expiration ..

Avid is aware that you do not have any old installers .. they did not give timetable or an idea if they would open up all the older installers in our accounts .. I save them on a backup drive .. this was talked about in another thread - sorry but i cannot remember which one ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AN1M4T0R View Post
I have a perpetual pro tools 12.3.1 license and the upgrade plan expired so I wanted to know do I have to give up that license if I wanted to just subscribe for a month to try 12.5 out. Also if I don't have to give up the license how would I go back to 12.3.1 there are no downloads for 12 in my products and downloads anymore it just says this a code and there are no downloads even though there used to be a link I could click to bring up all my past versions.

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 04-19-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AN1M4T0R View Post
Welcome to the community.

A subscription (Monthly or Annual) is not related to your perpetual license, so you don't have to surrender that to subscribe.

You should have the most recent release for your license in your Avid account. I couldn't find an account based on the email address you're using up here so unable to check that for you. If you are not seeing downloads in your Avid account can you either change your community email to match your Avid account so I can try again, or contact Avid CS for assistance?
Old 04-22-2016, 10:50 AM

I changed my email to the one used in my avid account thank you for taking time to reply to me.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:32 AM

Started a support case for you via my.avid.com > Access The Support Center