Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2009, 06:47 PM

Default CPU runningvery hot when running session w/ didgi VI's

I have a session running Strike, Expand, and Boom, one instance of all three. I am also running three tracks of guitar, with POD Farm as a plug, I have a UA EQ running on the master, along with some other low-usage plugs. I have a Gigabyte 965p-DS3 MB, running a Intel Core 2 Quad q6600 processor, w/ 4MB's or RAM. I had overheating problems, recently, so I replced the 350W power supply with a 600W power supply, and replaced the processor cooling fan as well. The system runs well within specs when idling, and when I open a session of "live" music (real drums, mic'ed bass and guitars), the processer runs well within heat specs. This one session will cause the processor heat to shoot WAY up, to about 80c, sometimes a bit more. The computer seems to handle it, but, prior to replacing the above components, my sustem would shut down, when running high-count sessions of Didgi VI's. Any suggestions on colling down the processor? I intended on using alot of VI's in the future.