Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2010, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Digi 002 Power Harness Issue or Firewire Chip Issue?

The light you see on the optical con. is the data led. OUT should be lit.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave911 View Post
The light you see on the optical con. is the data led. OUT should be lit.
Thanks for the confirmation Dave & Sunburst.

@Tom, I have It another go yesterday and I could work for about an hour, then it started again. So I set up a camera and left it running, will send the vid to my dealer today and take it from there.
My guess after trying to exclude the possibility's are a heat issue.

Cheers
Old 04-09-2010, 06:18 AM

Avid support thinks it's most likely the power harness issue after all, I can bring the unit in as soon as I have a RA number. Looks like this issue is still under warranty even years later. In the mean time helping myself out with my mbox

Cheers
Old 04-09-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nish View Post
Avid support thinks it's most likely the power harness issue after all, I can bring the unit in as soon as I have a RA number. Looks like this issue is still under warranty even years later. In the mean time helping myself out with my mbox

Cheers

Good news

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 04-10-2010, 07:38 PM

Hi,

First time poster, new reader from LA recording school in Cali.
I've just gotten a used 002R from craigslist and tested the unit on the sellers setup before I bought it.

It worked well on his setup so I think the hardware itself is alright.
The issue I'm having is that when the device is connected and powered Windows seems to slow down to a crawl. This may be a firewire issue, as I have little experience using firewire devices, and this would be the first firewire device I've ever used on this PC.

The mouse movement slows down to the point of being unusable and only when I power down the unit does normal functionality return.
When I was reinstalling Pro Tools to get it recognise the 002R, Windows seemed to be running smoothly all the way to the reset.

Is there anything I'm missing from this analysis?
The other thing that could be a problem is I don't know if the firmware on the unit has been updated so that could be an issue as well.

Thanks in advance guys, I've had the pleasure of gleaning info from the DUC since I was told about it at school and you guys are a tremendous resource for n00bs like us who are just getting our feet wet.

Windows XP SP 3 Pro 32-bit, Pro Tools LE 8.03, 002R firewire

Last edited by audioninjateck; 04-10-2010 at 07:39 PM. Reason: didn't include system specs
Old 04-10-2010, 09:09 PM

Update 9:00pm

Have tried to run PT 8.03 after reinstall but it does not recognize the 002R unit. Still experiencing slowdown when the device is connected and powered on.

On the unit itself, the green indicator light for sampling rate shows 44.1 which seems normal. The red mute light is on and the unit makes a few clicks as it starts.

When I examined my taskmanager, it revealed that for some reason two of my four cores in my cpu were jacked up to ridiculous usage percentages. The first core was locked at near 99%, the second was strangely inactive, and the third and fourth showed signs of sporadic high activity. Naturally because my mouse is nay unusable as i was checking this out, i couldn't take a look at what specific process was hogging all these resources.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioninjateck View Post
Update 9:00pm

Have tried to run PT 8.03 after reinstall but it does not recognize the 002R unit. Still experiencing slowdown when the device is connected and powered on.

On the unit itself, the green indicator light for sampling rate shows 44.1 which seems normal. The red mute light is on and the unit makes a few clicks as it starts.

When I examined my taskmanager, it revealed that for some reason two of my four cores in my cpu were jacked up to ridiculous usage percentages. The first core was locked at near 99%, the second was strangely inactive, and the third and fourth showed signs of sporadic high activity. Naturally because my mouse is nay unusable as i was checking this out, i couldn't take a look at what specific process was hogging all these resources.

Welcome to the DUC.
You really need to post this to a new thread with your sandra report to give people a chance to help you.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:39 AM

audioninjateck, youre problem doesn't sound like the power harness issue, like Dave said make a post with a sandra report, cheers

Update on my issue, I was wondering if it always take this long for digi to respond on a case report / RA request? Filed my case on friday... I got work to do Digi/Avid ! Cheers

Old 04-14-2010, 05:43 AM

Quote:
audioninjateck, youre problem doesn't sound like the power harness issue, like Dave said make a post with a sandra report, cheers

Update on my issue, I was wondering if it always take this long for digi to respond on a case report / RA request? Filed my case on friday... I got work to do Digi/Avid ! Cheers
Can you make a followup call? I have the best luck that way but I'm in the states.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 04-14-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:

It may be faster to have them just send you the harness. You've already been in there so you know what to do.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com