Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 01-29-2023, 10:14 PM

Default Issue with Latency w/ iZotope plugins!?

is there ANYBODY that has gotten around this issue?w Everything works well on RX connect but I can't add anything in my mixer other than NeoVerb, Ozone, Nectar and Neutron. The minute I try to add the surgical ones (De-Noise, De-Hum, De-Crackle etc), Pro Tools goes back to 2001.

Rey
https://r-e-y.com/

macOS Ventura
Pro Tools 2022
iMac (Retina 5K. 27-Inch, 2020)
Processor 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9
3.6 GHz Dual-Intel Core i7
16GB ram
AMD Radeon Pro 5700 8GB
Shure SM7B Mic
Pro Tools | Carbon
Komplete Kontrol M32
AKAI Mpk3 Mini
KALI Lp 6 (2)
Old 01-30-2023, 12:11 AM

Default Re: Issue with Latency w/ iZotope plugins!?

..other than Ozone...

Lets pause there and wonder why you are using Ozone and talking about latency. Ozone is a high latency mastering suite. You should not be using it where latency is an issue.

You want to give some clue what "go back to 2001" means? Clearly describe you doing with what. Are you using the Hybrid Engine? Are you talking about monitoring latency or latencies seemingly not corrected by delay compensation? Where are these plugins inserted (master bus?) Is plugin delay compensation enabled?

What latency are you seeing in samples (ideally measured to a sample or so accuracy) and at what sample rate. You should be able to work out how to use Pro Tools to measure any latency you are experiencing. And say what HW buffer size are you running at (for any native plugins). What additional latency do you expect from the plugin/plugin chains you are using... (from observing the latency compensation values displayed in Pro Tools and/or from the plugin documentation.). Often accurate measurements of latency will give a clue to what is going wrong. Including effects from the HW buffers, inappropriate plugins, or possibly stuff related to know bugs in Pro Tools latency compensation (esp. suspect if you see delays of 1k, 2k, 4k samples).

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 01-30-2023 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01-30-2023, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReynaldoPena View Post
is there ANYBODY that has gotten around this issue?w Everything works well on RX connect but I can't add anything in my mixer other than NeoVerb, Ozone, Nectar and Neutron. The minute I try to add the surgical ones (De-Noise, De-Hum, De-Crackle etc), Pro Tools goes back to 2001.

Why are you using restoration plugins in a tracking session? I’m assuming it’s a tracking session as you’re complaining about latency.

Those plugins have extremely high latency. It has nothing to do with Pro Tools. I can break PT’s delay compensation with a few of those plugins running in series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2023, 08:49 AM

Here's one solution: insert and dial up the settings you need for any given track, then copy those settings and bring up the audiosuite version of the same plugin, paste the settings, render it and remove the inserted version

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave