Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2010, 05:38 AM

Default Bomb Factory Plug Authorization

Hey Folks,

OK, I upgraded to PT 8, which installed new versions of Bomb Factory's BF2A, Fairchild 660 & 670, and Purple MC77, but there's not iLok license for these, so they won't authorize when starting PT. Any idea how to obtain a key? I've done soooooo many searches on this subject, I've read the post concerning this issue in the "Technical Alerts" forum, and I've followed the instructions concerning downloading the 7.4 versions, blah, blah, blah. . . . . and still no fix. Anybody have any ideas?

http://www.gidakdigital.com
Old 05-30-2010, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Bomb Factory Plug Authorization

These plugins don't come with Protools 8. They are only part of the Factory Bundled interfaces, or can be purchased separately. Digi typically puts them on the same installer disc as PT8 out of convenience, which also adds confusion.

You'll want to go to the plugin folder and delete them so you won't get the annoying pop up window anymore.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:57 AM

nst7,

Thanks so much for the reply. I didn't realize they weren't free. To be honest with you, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've used and of the BF plugs - not that they're "bad", or anything like that, I've just grown quite accustomed to my Waves stuff. Thanks again.

http://www.gidakdigital.com
Old 05-31-2010, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles Bitchly View Post
nst7,

Thanks so much for the reply. I didn't realize they weren't free. To be honest with you, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've used and of the BF plugs - not that they're "bad", or anything like that, I've just grown quite accustomed to my Waves stuff. Thanks again.
I use both and find that they each have a distinct flavor.. the BF-2A and BF76 are darker than their CLA counterparts.. Sometimes darker is better..

Fortunately a lot of folks don't get too fussed about them so you can find the iLok assets for sale really, (and I do mean really), cheap.

Check with EJ... here He usually has a ton of them around and is the best you'll find on price.

Peace!
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!