Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2015, 10:21 AM

Default updated to 11.3.1, now it plays tracks behind?

Been using PT for a decade, but can't figure this one out..
cutting singer on vocal track.. she's right on time.. perfect.
on playback, it's very noticeably behind the music in time.

Any ideas? I've reinstalled PT, Plugins, tried buffer settings.
What gives?
Old 05-01-2015, 10:43 AM

Default Re: updated to 11.3.1, now it plays tracks behind?

happens with or without delay compensation on..

I found it was an old issue that was supposedly fixed recently, but I've only started getting it only -after- the latest update.
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/t...ng/PTSW-185778

shorter the hardware buffer size, less the delay on playback.. but still in all cases way too much delay - anyone have a clue why this is happening?

Really desperate to fix this right away - need to cut vox for out of town guest at 4pm today and spent hours all morning troubleshooting.
Thanks
Old 05-01-2015, 11:00 AM

POSSIBLE FIX?

I'm talking to myself here, haha.. but wanted to post this for future users who have this problem....but after finding this worked for someone else, I tried it.. and it has (so far, temporarily) fixed the issue immediately...

if you go to the MIDI tab of the Setup Menu>Preferences dialog, locate the section Delay Compensation for External Devices, and uncheck the second and third boxes, and click OK, the anomalies I have been reporting disappear

This is a MIDI delay comp setting - which has absolutely nothing to do with recording an audio track. Makes no sense. Hope this is fixed with the next update!
Old 05-01-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awritersparadise View Post
POSSIBLE FIX?

I'm talking to myself here, haha.. but wanted to post this for future users who have this problem....but after finding this worked for someone else, I tried it.. and it has (so far, temporarily) fixed the issue immediately...

if you go to the MIDI tab of the Setup Menu>Preferences dialog, locate the section Delay Compensation for External Devices, and uncheck the second and third boxes, and click OK, the anomalies I have been reporting disappear

This is a MIDI delay comp setting - which has absolutely nothing to do with recording an audio track. Makes no sense. Hope this is fixed with the next update!
It was only 39 minutes since your first post here - you have to give people time to respond. There's not many that sit here all day watching for new posts.

That being said you gave absolutely no info on your system which makes helping even more difficult.

QAPLA!
Old 05-01-2015, 01:25 PM

Hi. I gave all of the following info in my signature:
Gateway FX6803 PC / Windows 7 / Service Pack 1 / 9 gigs of ram / Intel i7 CPU / Digi002 Interface via Firewire / OWC Mercury Drives via E-Sata / Co-install - latest version of PT 10 + 11.

.. as well as other info regarding settings I've tried.
If there is other info off the bat I should have included, let me know. I'll post whatever it takes to get the problems fixed.

And I completely understand about the promptness factor, that was a joke based on my last 3 problems/posts this week resulting from this upgrade seem to be rare ones that I can't find answers on the board anywhere and also got zero responses - and those have been up a week now.

I've been here a decade and everyone is always very helpful, so no complaints here. Just simply making a joke that I'm posting questions and answering them myself (or so it seemed).