Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Pro Tools doesn\'t recognize M-Audio Hardware

I moved stuff around in my computer (Including the delta 44 interface.) and had to re-load the M-Audio software to get my sound working. Now Pro-Tools says it doesn't recognize the M-Audio hardware. How do I get things linked up again?

J. White, iloopbari
Old 06-27-2007, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools doesn\'t recognize M-Audio Hardware

From my experience, Pro Tools likes to have hardware installed BEFORE it itself is installed.

This happened once with my delta 1010lt card a long while ago. here's what I did:

1)Uninstall Pro Tools using the add/remove programs utility located in the windows control panel.
2)Install the drivers for your hardware from your pro tools disc (or hardware disk) (even better is if you visit the m-audio site and make sure you have the latest drivers and install if you don't)
3)Re-install Pro Tools.

Hope that helps you.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:40 PM

Thanks jfitz! That's kinda what I figured. I just thought I'd post for suggestions first to make sure. I'll post again after I re-install to let u know how I made out.

J. White
Old 06-29-2007, 03:03 AM

It does not see the driver at first installation. You have to navigate to the driver section in the control panel, click update driver and it would search and find it. I have seen this on many occasions.