Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 05-22-2006, 12:38 PM

Default Guitar Rig

Ok, so i do a ton of recording for my band and others and do a combination of real amps and guitar rig tracks blended together to get the sounds that I am lookign for. Anyway, guitar rig is a resource hog in a major way. I just upgraded to 3.5 gig ram and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on making guitar rig less of a problem (optimising performance). What I end up doing is routing the track and recording the guitar rig track in a new audio track...but I like having the ability to tweak the tracks while I am mixing the songs.

Do I upgrade to Guitar Rig 2? its only a hundred bucks and I would like to check out the new features...but i want to know if it helps the choking of my CPU on PT7.1. I am thinking of 2 more gigs of Ram regardless.

Please let me know if you guys have any insight. Thanks!