Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2022, 05:15 PM

Default Re: 2022.6 MIDI Quantize/Selection Weirdness BUG

After woking with midi all day this is a BIG problem = Makes working with midi almost impossible at times. There needs to be a patch fix for this asap.
Old 07-08-2022, 07:08 PM

Indeed. 'Been experiencing that as well!
16 Core
96 GB ram
macOS Ventura 13.4
Somehow, musicians are now technicians!
Old 07-08-2022, 07:52 PM

Thank you all for posting this...I was just about to install 2022.6. I will for sure wait, as I do all of my midi in pt these days. I am so very glad I checked this before i did the installation

Ej
Old 07-08-2022, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleinlich View Post
I have exactly the same problem with the midi notes after quantization in Pro Tools 2022.6, but in Windows 10.
After quantize most of the midi notes can no longer be selected, edited or deleted and are duplicated. This is very annoying.
I'll go back to an older version too.
same problem(s) here. very frustrating. rolling on back...
Old 07-09-2022, 04:43 AM

You have to ask how this makes it to release....
Old 07-09-2022, 08:58 AM

You ask yourself who are the actual beta testers. Probably none, or old folks who don't really stress test the systems. Also MIDI isn't top priority in PT so they just kinda let it slip.

Another thought this issue brings to mind is whenever PT does get Native Apple silicon support, how many issues will that bring? seems like this release was focused on fixing a lot of MIDI stuff as well, but at the same time broke it.

I am so pessimistic on Avid's apple silicon compatability, I am actually betting on two years min. for making it a stable platform AFTER initial release. and two years actually makes it not sustainable, and that correlates to their sub system, they have it in their best interest to keep some things broken so you will be tied to their update system, which for some reason correlates to months? (2022.5) instead of real software versions like Ableton (11.6.1) so they really postpone fixing stuff. I have to roll back and use old software to be stable and wait until WHO knows when...

/rant over
Old 07-09-2022, 09:34 AM

Yes, I have the same bug in 2022.6. Very annoying.
Old 07-09-2022, 11:31 AM

Avid where are you guys???

This issue is very important to those of us who produce and compose in pro tools. You guys would not allow a bug this blatant on the audio side, would you?

As previously suggested, please get more beta testers who are really using your products to create...not just mix.

Crap...i'll volunteer, as I'm sure would others here, if this helps to prevent things like this from reoccurring and slipping through the cracks.

Many on this thread have been with you for a long tlme. Me, since v5 (2001) so we know what we are doing by now and our fealty should go without question...especially considering all of the various avid transformations.

ej
Old 07-09-2022, 02:27 PM

I just tried this and although I've mostly transitioned to Nuendo, I still get PT sessions and have stubborn faith Avid will get their **** together one day.

I couldn't repeat the midi note problem. I placed a single note on the editor, selected it, quantized it and was able to move it around at will. I switched between slip and grid, quantized multiple times, but couldn't break it.

So far midi editing is working as advertised for me --- unless I'm doing it wrong.

tg
Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.6.5 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Kontrol S61 mk3 / Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 7 / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection X

Last edited by grayter1; 07-09-2022 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-10-2022, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountclear View Post
I'm having this issue as well - not able to select a note - It will play the note sound, but I can't edit velocity, extend or move the note. This has happened where there are many midi blocks in the track - Once I consolidate it fixes it - but a HUGE pain. It always seem like its 2 steps forward 3 back with PTs. I also just had an issue where I couldn't delete a midi note.
Same exact issue
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.