Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 10-03-2022, 02:07 PM

Default Some Melodyne track data can't be found. Melodyne edits on affected tracks may not pl

Melodyne 5 (ARA2 editor) opens with the following prompt:
Quote:
The document loaded was corrupted and has been repaired automatically. For safety, please check your edits."
Not sure what I did to trigger this. I'm afraid to use ARA any more.

macOS 12.5.1
PT 2022.9
Old 10-03-2022, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Some Melodyne track data can't be found. Melodyne edits on affected tracks may no

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingleDjango View Post
Melodyne 5 (ARA2 editor) opens with the following prompt:

Not sure what I did to trigger this. I'm afraid to use ARA any more.

macOS 12.5.1
PT 2022.9
You didn't do anything. It comes with the new territory. I believe this message only comes in an older session with ARA edits in 22.9. In my case, it was harmless. ARA is cool, just needs to be refined a little.
Old 11-24-2022, 05:59 AM

Default Re: Some Melodyne track data can't be found. Melodyne edits on affected tracks may no

I'm seeing this quite a bit, todays reopening of yesterdays session has 11 "Some Melodyne track data can't be found" errors, and obvious to my ears much of the days tuning work has disappeared. 12.5.1 2022.10 , anyone point me to any troubleshooting that people have done looking into this?

I haven't had time to troubleshoot - seems to be on mostly large sessions (although those are generally what I run), also noticed once the PT loading message and the Melodyne window "corrupt data" message have appeared even if I retune some notes , then resave as another session and open again, even those new tunings will not have been recalled. frustrating!
Old 11-24-2022, 07:20 AM

Can't help you. I gave ARA2 a pass after encountering too many issues. I don't feel I can rely on it for critical work yet.
Old 11-29-2022, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsimmons View Post
I'm seeing this quite a bit, todays reopening of yesterdays session has 11 "Some Melodyne track data can't be found" errors, and obvious to my ears much of the days tuning work has disappeared. 12.5.1 2022.10 , anyone point me to any troubleshooting that people have done looking into this?

I haven't had time to troubleshoot - seems to be on mostly large sessions (although those are generally what I run), also noticed once the PT loading message and the Melodyne window "corrupt data" message have appeared even if I retune some notes , then resave as another session and open again, even those new tunings will not have been recalled. frustrating!
same issue here.. just lost a ton of tuning/timing work and now i dont trust the rest of the tracks that seem to be playing ok. unreal. this is super un-pro (tools). got no work around except to do it again and then immediate commit the MD work.
Old 12-02-2022, 07:47 AM

2 days of work gone to trash. I've got a prompt saying that Melodyne was recovered and suggesting me to check my work. Really? I had 26 tracks with Melodyne, hundreds of clips. So I bounced the session, flipped the phase and summed to a bounce made just before closing the session yesterday and voila, TOTAL RANDOM MESS. Its like it takes life at night and messes your work for you.

This is so frustrating, and now I can't trust any of the other sessions I have Melodyne on. From what I've seen all of them are opening with corruption errors.

At least they should have called it a beta version with some disclaimers. That would have saved a ton of work.

Thank you Celemony, and have a great weekend because I just lost mine...
Old 12-02-2022, 08:02 AM

The Melodyne plugin works fine. I prefer it to the way ARA has been integrated. Especially the window size.

Not sure it's Celemony's fault the integration in PT isn't working well yet.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 12-03-2022, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rica View Post
I bounced the session, flipped the phase and summed to a bounce made just before closing the session yesterday and voila, TOTAL RANDOM MESS. Its like it takes life at night and messes your work for you.
Just FYI Melodyne never cancels when you ø , it’s not and never has been sample accurate. I tend to think of it operating more like a MIDI instrument in that regard.

Last edited by midnightrambler; 12-03-2022 at 05:05 AM.
Old 12-03-2022, 04:40 AM

I’ve had TONS of issues that made me give up for now on ARA melodyne. Back to using the plugin.

Really feels like we’re beta testing this for them. Would have been nice if they could have let us know that, so that I could have a avoided a few instances of lost time/money having to re-do a few projects in the last month.
Old 12-03-2022, 09:44 AM

I too had problems like these.
In my case I found the reason for the mess.
Take a look here: https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=422686
Hopefully the Pro Tools team will fix this soon...