Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 10-01-2022, 07:45 PM

Default PACE QT Platform plugin error when launching Pro Tools

When Launching Pro Tools, there is an error from PACE (PACEEdenExperienceProxy):

This Application has failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows" in "",

The PACE service is running. iLok itself runs and logs in. I've uninstalled everything since the issue started occurring, though I cannot map it to any system change. I've uninstalled and reinstalled PACE/iLok (latest).. I've completely uninstalled Pro Tools and reinstalled it (latest). I've removed any environment variables containing the QT5 dlls. I've read about Slate interfering. That's gone now as well. I'm not going to roll back my machine over this.

This issue is encountered on other software packages but here with PACE, it's relentless. Anything I can search for on this issue, whether related to this software or others, does not work. Opening a ticket with them as well.

Pro Tools Shortcuts App for iOS and Android

Last edited by Xensori; 10-02-2022 at 06:55 AM.
Old 10-03-2022, 03:09 PM

Default Re: PACE QT Platform plugin error when launching Pro Tools

Solved, thanks for Katie from iLok support. Here is what iLok support gave me:
--------
Please use the following steps to resolve this issue:
  • Uninstall PACE License Support Win64.
  • Delete the following folders if they still exist:
    - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\PACE\iLokDriverPackages
    - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\PACE\Proxy
    - C:\Program Files (x86)\iLok License Manager
  • Restart Windows.
  • ​Reinstall License Support Windows 64-bit from iLok.com.
    Let me know if the issue persists.
---------
I did the above, except there was also a Services directory here that I deleted in the Common Files\PACE\ directory, using Admin permissions. I had to initiate a stop on the PACE service first. Maybe this wasn't necessary. The proxy directory required Admin permissions as well.

This sounds like a defect in the uninstaller, so I asked about a defect. At least, for now, this solution is now on the Googles if someone else intersects this demon. Wordle McTurtle.

Old 10-04-2022, 12:06 PM

Thank you - just got this error last night after updating Pro Tools to 2022.9 on Windows 10.

I'll try this fix when I get home. I wonder who they think is reading an obscure error message like this. It gives you zero idea how to approach fixing the problem. Do they imagine we're all coders?
Old 10-04-2022, 07:44 PM

Welp - that didn't do it. I carefully reinstalled Avid Link, Pro Tools and iLok License manager. And I got the QT Window (PACE EDEN EXPERIENCE PROXY) error again. So I carefully uninstalled, deleted folders, and reinstalled of the PACE software. And reinstalled it again - restarting Windows each time.

Now I get ... this series of errors!

SOFTWARE ACTIVATION: Pro Tools Studio Subscription
Activation Error
The attempt to use Avid Link to activate resulted in an error.

I direct the software to my iLOK ACCOUNT and it says
Select License to Activate
You don't have any licenses in your account, or none of your licenses have activations available. Then there's a button to "Show Locations"

I spot my ILOK in the next window - click on it and ... nothing. Just nothing.

I have submitted a ticket to iLOK, but sadly they don't let you attach images ... so I did my best to type this out.
Old 10-05-2022, 04:26 AM

Ahh. That mess where you see an iLOK to select but it won't let you choose it successfully.. that happens to me kind of regularly and I usually reboot to resolve it.
I saw those symptoms as well after fixing the "QT" errors.. but I didn't associate it with the same problem because I get it all the time.

Keep us posted on how it turns out.

Old 10-05-2022, 07:45 AM

Most of us are uninstalling AVID LINK…it seems to create more problems than it attempts to solve.
Old 10-05-2022, 10:13 AM

I will try uninstalling Avid Link ... I have never seen a huge use for it, but it never caused a problem before.

I feel like I'm going around and around with the QT window issue (or I'm introducing a NEW Avid Link issue when I managed to fix the QT window issue).

The PACE must be working to some extent, because ACOUSTICA (my stereo WAV file editing program I use for quick edits) sees the plugins and can conjure them up as needed (process Ozone 9 on a lifeless vinyl transfer - I transfer from LP and 45 occasionally). I assume ACOUSTICA also needs to see the legit licensing of the Dongle?
Old 10-09-2022, 05:20 PM

FWiW, I didn't hear back from iLok with any acknowledgement that there is a bug to fix here. The person I spoke to seemed to have a solution at the ready which worked (great!) but I didn't see that useful solution as part of their knowledge base, which doesn't make any kind of sense. Hopefully others having this issue, which apparently is not uncommon, will find this thread. Maybe they're holding out to offer a Zero QT Downtime package.