Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2015, 05:29 AM

Default TD-30 V-Drums not playing proper velocity midi hits in Pro Tools Correctly

Hi everyone!

New to this forum - but I have a question/need help with an issue I've been having recording my V-Drums, and was wondering if someone could help me out?

I am using a Roland TD-30 kit with Addictive Drums 2 on Pro Tools 10 (Mac with 16GB RAM/2.3 GHz/Intel Core i7). I am going from the MIDI out on the brain to USB on my Mac. Everything sets up fine and I have no issues with latency. I can hear the drums in my headphones and the velocities are all reading correctly.

Here's where the issue begins- When I am recording, the velocities read correctly in Addictive Drums/Pro Tools and I can move the velocity bars up/down and the sound/velocity adjusts accordingly.

Now when I play back the audio, the velocity of the snare (it is seemingly only to be with the snare), sounds high (ONLY on playback) which happens on only the peak (hardest) trigger hits, regardless if I adjust them.

I have tried going through everything and adjusting everything with no success. I have also tried cut and pasting new notes onto that beat and it still reads high.

My questions...

1) Do you know if there is a setting I am missing or a way to fix this?

2) Do you think it could be caused by the V-Drums, Pro Tools or Addictive Drums?

Thank you all for your help!
Old 01-17-2015, 08:34 AM

Default Re: TD-30 V-Drums not playing proper velocity midi hits in Pro Tools Correctly

Can AD set each drum to respond to velocity on an individual basis and how it responds to such? I can do that in BFD2. There might be something in AD to dive into such a detailed setting. This is assuming they have a kit setup for the TD30 and not just a TD20.

QAPLA!