How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > System 5
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2012, 08:30 AM

Lightbulb Euphonix 5-MC Mix Hints

Dear DUC

having recently converted from a Harrison to a Euphonix mixer I still miss some key features that could accelerate mixing tremendously.

I will not start a wish list here, but I need some Hints from you guys to reclaim my old workflows.

------------------
Problem: I do not like the virgin territory behavior. Touching a parameter never written, keeps the value of it to the end of the mix file and sometimes it writes it even to the start as well, changing the mix.

Solution: I like to write a so called "Initial Snapshot", that saves my mixes from being changed accidentally.

Current Workflow: Previously to mixing, I link all channels that will carry automation and touch all encoders, knobs and fades so that they turn blinking red and write the data to the whole file using "<- Fill" and "Fill ->". Not very handsome...

Question: Will it be useful to create a snapshot ? Is there any better way ? Can I set all parameters of a whole channel strip or the whole console to write (blinking red) ?

------------------

Problem: I like to copy parameters from mono channels to multi format masters. It does not work the usual way.

Solution: No solution.

Question: Is there any way ?

------------------

Problem: I like to grab automation from a scene already mixed to a new scene coming up. A snapshot of the desired channels would be nice, moving automation - even better.

Solution: Creating a Snapshot.

Question: Is there any way to copy moving automation ?

Thank you very much for your precious time. I do appreciate it very much.

All the Best

Tobi
Old 01-25-2012, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Euphonix 5-MC Mix Hints

Tobi,

As you've noticed, this part of the forum is very quiet. Since the questions are more related to Pro Tools mixing in general and not specific to the "system 5 MC", you would probably have more answers if you post this thread in either the "post production" or 'Icon Integrated consoles" sections of the DUC where many "Top Gun" mixers are.
http://immersivesoundvr.com/
Old 01-26-2012, 08:31 AM
Avid

Default Re: Euphonix 5-MC Mix Hints

Tobi,
Your subject is "5-MC" but it sounds like you are asking about regular "System 5" automation as opposed to "S5-MC" (which would be controlling ProTools or another DAW's automation).

If you are inquiring about standard S5 automation, please tell me what version of eMix software you are running so that I can try to give you the most accurate information.

Thanks!
H.G.