Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2011, 02:31 PM

Default Reverb One & Revibe RTAS? Please?

As I toy with the concept of going off TDM, there are 2 reverbs I have genuinely gotten a lot of mileage from over the years that are TDM only.

Is there any chance these will be ported over to RTAS? Please?

Other than Altiverb (which has portability issues sharing sessions), I'm not a fan of the other Reverbs I have other than Reverb One & Revibe (I'll withhold the names of those as I don't want to bash). I know other folks tastes may argue with that and that's fine, but these have been very good to me and I'm going to have a hard time giving them up.

I'll have to make a set of Altiverb IR"s from them at some point, but I sure do love how portable Reverb One & Revibe are, just as they are now.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Reverb One & Revibe RTAS? Please?

I can't see it to be honest, Avid haven't exactly given a lot to us in terms of non VI plugins over recent years. Just look at the Trillium Lane stuff like drum rehab, in desperate need of an update.

Have you checked out 112dB Redline reverb, pretty dang impressive and cheap. You also have the Lexicon plugs as well as UAD plugins now they support RTAS.

Have you had much luck with TL Space, i didn't like it at first but if you take them time download all the IR's from the Avid site it's pretty useful.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:53 PM

I'd hoped with the move towards Native being a real push, there would be some incentive to port some of these TDM-only plug-ins. I still hold out that hope......... And I have to weigh in somehow on the ones I'd like to see carry forward.

Yes I've tried most of those, but I'll have to revisit them since at the time I had Reverb One & Revibe as my go-to. I think in my circle they're still not as portable as I'd like just since they're not as widely used. But Reverb One & Revibe is almost a default install these days. I think everyone I work with has both (and no IR's to worry about).

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll take a look again.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:09 PM

You could try LX480. To me, it's the best plugin reverb I've heard. But I suppose it depends on the size of your ECM record collection.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeHoward View Post
You could try LX480. To me, it's the best plugin reverb I've heard. But I suppose it depends on the size of your ECM record collection.
All hail Jan Erik Kongshaug! What an absolute Scando-Stud.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picture Start View Post
All hail Jan Erik Kongshaug! What an absolute Scando-Stud.
Indeed. Although he doesn't like plugin reverbs (but I haven't asked if he's tried this one ).