Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2002, 02:28 AM

Default Funky Fonts??? (text fonts that is)

Funny thing happened and was wondering if anybody else has been through this.

whilst opening a session yesterday my computer froze on me followed by an abrupt shut down. The system ran scandisk and I noticed that it had found some orphan files and was moving/deleteing/repairing them, which was wierd because I rarely see this. It finised doing its thing and I returned to windows. Cool. Not so cool.
All the fonts had gone funky in Pro Tools, to a bold italic. It seemed to make no difference at all to performance but Visually it is a pain in the ass. Later I discoved this in a few other Apps which made me think it was a system problem. HHaa , here we go agian. I hate rebuilding my rig.
I know your all screaming GHOST GHOST its the way to go. But what made this happen in the first place and is there a quick way to re-tweak windows system fonts?

Any body with any sugestions?

Please.......

Win XP Pro
A7VE 333
AMD2 gig
nvidia
001 5.1.3

the session crashed whilst trying to laod Sampletank, (I absolutly love Sampletank but it does seem to stall alot on loading forceing me to restart. Its a great thing and is stable once it is open, sounds great to, but freezes all to often whilst loading during the opening of a session.)does anybody else have this problem?

Thanks in advance
Scott.