Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2014, 01:10 PM

Default Pro Tools 8LE Install Disks are bad

First off, I apologize for putting this Pro Tools 8 thread here, but I did not see a specific forum just for 8.

I am a PC/Network Tech for a school district. A teacher needed help installing Pro Tools 8LE on both Windows and Mac machines. The install discs are brand new, however, all machines fail to recognize the disks at all. I have used 3 separate copies of the discs, all brand new, still in the shrink wrap.

The installer disk AND the "audio loops and sounds" disk fails on every machine we have tried it on.

Is this a known issue? Was there a bad batch released? Is it possible to get either replacements disks or a link to download the installer for both Windows and Mac? Also, is there a way to download the audio loops and sounds as well?

Thanks for your help.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:25 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8LE Install Disks are bad

Yes, there were tons of bad LE8 disks. Once you register the software, you can access a download for it. Kind of curious and worried that you are wanting to install version 8 when 10/11 are the current versions, and depending on the OS, LE8 may not work on your computers(and LE MUST be used with one of a handful of Digidesign/Avid interfaces, including Mbox 2nd gen, Mbox 3rd gen, 002 and 003). Original Mbox(light blue with Focusrite preamps) only works with LE8.0.1, which means Windows XP(not Win7, 8) and I'm not sure which version of OSX.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-12-2014, 07:28 AM

what he said ^^^^^^^^^
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:55 AM

Thank you for your response. In answer to your questions:

"Kind of curious and worried that you are wanting to install version 8 when 10/11 are the current versions": I'm just the tech. Version 8 is the version that is owned, and unfortunately, there are no plans to upgrade. I assume there is no money budgeted for doing so, nor will there be for a while.

From what I understand, though, all the equipment in the classroom should work for this version, but again, I am just the messenger, not the teacher. We'll see once we get this working.

I am now having an issue, when trying to activate the product to my account. I get to the page where it asks me to enter the activation code. The code I have on one of the disk cases begins with DIGI. It is DIGIxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx, where x is an alphanumeric digit (looks to be hexadecimal). When I enter it I get a message stating the code is not valid. I have made sure to enter the proper case, and I have tried with the spaces, without the spaces and with a- substituted for the spaces. Still no worky....
Old 02-12-2014, 08:02 AM

Default Pro Tools 8LE Install Disks are bad

Should be Digi08 something or other

You might want to contact support if you can ASC code - b/c if you have several disks to register it might be easier.

I assume that these disks are new? And they haven't been registered before. It may also make u to talk to avid if they were purchased bulk and via edu discounts

Old 02-12-2014, 08:10 AM

Just got off the phone with Avid tech support. They will be sending me the install files.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:13 AM

Beautiful......don't forget to install the creative collection instruments as well as any bomb factory packs that came with your purchases.....

ask avid if your unsure.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:32 AM

And, the authorization code would be "DIGI08...." where the DIGI part is caps, but all other letters are lower case(and the spaces must be included). So, any 0 would be the number zero.

I understand you are just the messenger, but the version of OS on these computers can make or break whether they will work.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave