Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 08-01-2015, 01:50 AM

Default Re: Mbox Pro Driver Updates

When will the drivers for Windows be updated for Windows 10? my system is freezing.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifan View Post
When will the drivers for Windows be updated for Windows 10? my system is freezing.
Currently wondering the same, I do feel that it's my fault for upgrading to Windows 10 and not looking at any Mbox Pro updates especially since Windows 10 just recently came out, but the issues are quite insane. Audio drops out a lot when not using ASIO, disabling the device and enabling it again sometimes doesn't work so you'd have to restart your computer, and BSOD's get linked directly to the outdated Mbox Pro driver.

I might stay on Windows 7 for the time being, but I'm hoping AVID can jump on a Windows 10 update soon.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:15 PM

Hi,

Is anyone else having problem downloading the latest Mbox Pro drivers for Mac? The page just doesn't load. I've now tried it on an excellent connection with three different browsers. Nothing.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagia View Post
Currently wondering the same, I do feel that it's my fault for upgrading to Windows 10 and not looking at any Mbox Pro updates especially since Windows 10 just recently came out, but the issues are quite insane. Audio drops out a lot when not using ASIO, disabling the device and enabling it again sometimes doesn't work so you'd have to restart your computer, and BSOD's get linked directly to the outdated Mbox Pro driver.

I might stay on Windows 7 for the time being, but I'm hoping AVID can jump on a Windows 10 update soon.
I emailed AVID to ask if they ended support for MBOX 3 they would not confirm or deny... but since the last driver was 2014... I think its safe to assume its a NO...
Old 11-25-2016, 02:57 AM

hi people i am tryin to connect my mbox 3 pro to my macpro 08 why is not working?? some body help me
Old 01-10-2018, 05:29 AM

I think there is no newer Updates to solve die Driver Issues?
The Problems are easy to reproduce... why avid don't fix them?
Good drivers are so important... You can't use the Device stable so why i should i bought any Avid Products in future... I went back to my Rme Hdsp PCI ... Imagine the Card is from 2001 and so long out of stock... and they stil take care about the drivers... i have one pci slot on the new maschine... put the pci in start win 10... device no recognized... start the rme setup... the setup says "hello, please wait... a ok... finished... have fun" ... and everything works stable like a tank... only thing is the rme has no preamps why i want to use the mbox... so i use the mbox as standalone preamp... i think avid should fix this to show they take care about customers and that they can handle there systems... I also have used a Focusrite Pro 24 DSP on the Firewire and Fireface 400 and 800 without any Problems on the Texas Instrument Firewire Card... so it must be the buggy driver also the older driver run more stable but sometimes i have to restart the mbox because i have no sound or a blue screen apears... Avid offers a driver for Win 10 so please make it stable :/
Old 03-19-2018, 01:19 AM

Has anyone experienced this issue?
While the Mbox pro seems to work great when playing back from headphones in Windows 10 64bit I experience a massive spike of noise when trying to playback through my Adam P22a monitors even when the volume in the Mbox has been set to 0!! I haven't found a workaround this problem.

However this doesn't occur when using Windows 7 with the exact same setup.

Any ideas?
Old 05-30-2021, 02:49 AM

Hi Guys

Im new to this forum and have just purchased a mbox 3rd gen. I am trting to download the drivers from the AVID site and the links you have provided and its just a dead link for me, goes no where & that is all revisions. is it possible someone could email me the drivers as im getting no where and have scoured the net to find them but ultimatly end up in the same place which does not work. any help would be greatlyu appriciated.

TIA Andy

email - [email protected]
Old 05-30-2021, 01:16 PM

Default Mbox Pro Driver Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratbones81 View Post
Hi Guys

Im new to this forum and have just purchased a mbox 3rd gen. I am trting to download the drivers from the AVID site and the links you have provided and its just a dead link for me, goes no where & that is all revisions. is it possible someone could email me the drivers as im getting no where and have scoured the net to find them but ultimatly end up in the same place which does not work. any help would be greatlyu appriciated.

TIA Andy

email - [email protected]
Pick your flavor. Right at the top are the links to the driver downloads.

https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/pro-tools-mbox

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 05-08-2023, 12:58 AM

It's been almost 10 years since the last windows driver update.

What's going on?

According to this forum the Mbox 3 Pro is not a legacy product.