Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-26-2009, 03:34 PM

Default Keyboard shortcut for selecting next / previous track in Mix window?

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to figure out a way to use the keyboard to select next or previous track when in the MIX window. I know that in the edit window when you have keyboard focus mode on, you can use the 'P' and ';' keys to go up and down from track to track, but does anyone know if there is an equivalent way to do this from track to track in the mix window?

I have multiple instrument tracks with a different MIDI instrument on each. To switch between them it would be so much handier to be able to use the keyboard instead of having to point & click each track name with the mouse every time.

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 01-26-2009, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Keyboard shortcut for selecting next / previous track in Mix window?

There isn't one. You'd think it would be a given wouldn't you?

Here's the workaround -at the top of the Edit Window, highlight the Link Track and Edit Selection Button. This makes it so that when you create a selection on audio or midi on a track, the track itself becomes selected.

So far your hand's still on the mouse, so to move the selection you made on a track up or down, thus selecting the track (or very usefullly GROUPS of tracks), you make sure A-Z mode is on and use the "P" and ":" (colon) keys.

As long as you have a region selected, or you have manually made a selection, then you can use this method to zip up and down tracks.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Keyboard shortcut for selecting next / previous track in Mix window?

The key command for that is

While holding the control key use the "P" and ":" (colon) keys

Hope that helps

b
Old 01-28-2009, 12:37 PM

That WORKS thank you so much!!!

Can't believe I was unable to discover such an easy shortcut myself too LOL - it's not like it was one of those Control-Command-Option-Shift-Jump-Spin-Touch Toes type of hidden shortcuts :)