Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 01-03-2021, 06:11 PM

Default Eleven Rack, MeloAudio Midi Commander and Mission Engineering EP-11-S

Hi guys, quick question, I've got a MeloAudio Middi Commander and a Mission Engineering EP-11-S, as far as I understand, I need to CC 4 and 43 in order to use the expression pedal as a regular wah, this is, I need to step on it and activate it by its button, just like any regular wah. The thing is, when I start using this patch the wah is off, I step on it and it's on, but when I step on it again to turn it off it doesn't work, it keeps being active and even without doing anything in my eleven rack I keep having a message that says shine wah bypass is on. So not sure what I'm missing but just recurring to any of you guys with more experience to see if this is a common issue or me just being dumb.

Thanks guys!
Old 01-03-2021, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack, MeloAudio Midi Commander and Mission Engineering EP-11-S

Quote:
Hi guys, quick question, I've got a MeloAudio Middi Commander and a Mission Engineering EP-11-S, as far as I understand, I need to CC 4 and 43 in order to use the expression pedal as a regular wah
It is not at all clear what you are doing, like most basic stuff... are you plugging the expression pedal into the MIDI Commander or into the Eleven Rack Expression pedal input? And what have you done with the toe switch signal from the pedal.. where exactly does that go to.. and it has to be a TRS cable because it switches both on and off... what you will use to send the different CC 43 messages (see below).

What do you mean by "regular Wah". There are two types of Wah you can choose from in the Eleven Rack. You mean just the toe switch behavior?

I suspect you need to look in the Eleven Rack User Guide more carefully and maybe the Mission pedal documentation as well. Especially the bit about the TRS toe switch wiring... and follow that back to wherever you are trying to generate the different CC43 messages.

WAH BYPASS is CC 43 but it takes a third byte aka argument or parameter byte... (0–63=“Off”: 64–127=“On”). If it's not turning off I suspect you are not sending it the right third byte.

CC 4 is the Wah position, if the pedal is plugged into the MIDI Commander then it needs to send that CC4 at all position changes.

All other questions are likely answered by having a computer with any one of many MIDI monitoring/logging software installed on it so you can see the MIDI data actually being transmitted.

Personally I think toe switch Wah pedals are a bit of an anachronism. I'd rather have separate on/off switches so the wah pedal can be toggled on and off while in a fixed place.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 01-03-2021 at 11:05 PM.