How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2011, 01:50 AM

Default MC Control Zoom Buttons and MC Transport

Hiya,
I've been using the Artist series units for a bit now and they've become an integral part of my workflow. However, there're a couple of aspects that've been driving me insane, namely - is there any way to reconfigure the context of the MC Control's jog wheel buttons (the Jog and Zoom Horizontal buttons) so that they don't affect the MC Transport as well? I've done a search and haven't found anything similar.

I have it set at the moment so that a softkey on my MC Transport triggers scroll horizontal and I use the MC Control to zoom horizontally when making edits. The thing that is driving me crazy is that if I press the Zoom Horizontal button on the MC Control AFTER I've hit the Scroll Horizontal button on my Transport, it sets both units to Zoom Horizontally. I can get around this by making sure I hit the softkey on the Transport last.

Ultimately what I'm saying is, is there any way to change the context of the Jog and Zoom Horizontal buttons on the MC Control so that they operate independently from the Transport? Or perhaps even rebind them?

Thanks and cheers!
Old 09-05-2011, 08:52 AM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe
Default Re: MC Control Zoom Buttons and MC Transport

I thought I checked on my system when I bought them and they were independent. Now I see what you mean. Gosh. Could this have changed in a firmware?

It's an awful bug. That makes having both the Control and the Transport a bit ridiculous.

To add to the list of transport bugs I posted in the other thread: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=306972
Old 09-08-2011, 11:05 PM

Yeah it does seem a bit strange doesn't it! Driving me insane though as it does cut into a lot of the usefulness of the Transport. It seems like a small change as well, since when programming softkeys on the transport you can select the individual jogwheel you want it to use, but the Control's transport buttons seem hardcoded to apply it to all jogwheels.

Hopefully this gets fixed in some kind of update.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:00 AM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe

Yes the transport has a few bugs to fix.

I would say that being to use its jog wheel independently of the control jog wheel is a priority.

The programming of jog wheel commands are its strong selling point but they basically become useless if you use a Control alongside, as it will keep changing your softkeys jog-command assignment on the Transport.

Like I said in the other thread, it also has a bug that prevent the jog wheel from working when you unlock the transport from a sequencer if other Euphonix hardware are locked. That is particularly annoying if you need the jog wheel on 2 applications but wish to prevent your faders from moving everytime you switch back and forth.

I'm sure there are some stability issues also with the Transport as well, as it sometimes behave strangely and needs to be powered on and off.