Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2003, 07:40 PM

Default Waves Platinum

Whew...I just got the platinum version of waves on ebay for a decent price, but I'm still a little nervous as to whether it was worth the bucks. I hope i'm not over my head here because I'm still new to the pro tools format. For those that own platinum, are you satisfied with what you've gotten out of it? Any favorite features about it that I can look forward to? Any info would help, caues I'm stressed! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2003, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Waves Platinum

Quote:
Originally posted by karusse:
Whew...I just got the platinum version of waves on ebay for a decent price, but I'm still a little nervous as to whether it was worth the bucks. I hope i'm not over my head here because I'm still new to the pro tools format. For those that own platinum, are you satisfied with what you've gotten out of it? Any favorite features about it that I can look forward to? Any info would help, caues I'm stressed! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Great investment and once you start using all those plugins you will wonder why anyone would need anything else. For mastering the C4 and L2 are invaluable. Platinum is the only way to go.
Allen [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2003, 07:54 PM

Allen, thanks a lot for the 'words of comfort' because they certainly were to me! Since I'm still new with pro tools, I guess I was getting ancy on spending a lot of money on software alone--just not use to that. But I also would rather get it all at once and save money in the long run, so if the price was right, I was going for it...
Old 03-18-2003, 08:08 PM

2 words for you:

WAVES RULE!

Download free music at
http://www.nukmusic.com
nEVER uNDERESTIMATE kNOWLEDGE
Old 03-18-2003, 08:12 PM

Even if the price was "just OK", you still made a wise choice. You have a lot of learning to do, and you might as well start now. They will be become a fixture in your work...no matter how you decide to use them.
People can make all the suggestions you want, for settings, uses, etc., but the discoveries you make on your own will be the most rewarding.

The addition of RTAS Waves plugs gives you quite a powerful tool in ProTools LE! Puts your system on a pretty professional level!

Congrats on the purchase and welcome!!
Old 03-18-2003, 08:19 PM

You don't have the full power and potential of Pro tools , until you've got waves to go along. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
For Pc, its defiantly one of the best things out there right now.
Old 03-18-2003, 08:29 PM

Check out the Linear-Phase MultiBand in the Masters portion of the show. Try it on bass and get a wonderful presence in your mix.

Let not your heart be troubled - you made a great decision to go Platinum.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:30 PM

Last on the Masterfader you put L2 (high res preset), before that S1 (and make it pretty wide), before that LinMB or C4, before that some little EQ... and you will understand what a great investment you have made. The mix just opens up...

However you need to know two key-commands:
* ctrl+mouseclick on plugin (make plugin inactive)
* window/start (next to alt Gr)+Ctrl+Del+mouse click on the plugin (and it´s deactivated, no powerconsume) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 03-18-2003, 10:46 PM

You've made a good choice with Waves. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
I have the Waves Platinum 4.0 and I LOVE IT!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

George Ware
Mac Money Studios
Old 03-19-2003, 12:20 AM

I consider Pro-Tools as being half of my rig - and Waves Platinum as being the other half.
Waves Platinum puts the finest audio shapping tools in to the hands of the common man and woman. You did the right thing by investing in Waves!!!