Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 05-16-2020, 08:09 AM

Default Finishing Project Syncronization...

Since updating to PT 2020.3 my cloud collaborations have not been syncing properly. When closing Pro Tools, the Finishing Project Synchronization status bar appears and remains at 0% progress until I force quit PT. The projects are not properly syncing to the other collaborators or even between my own machines.

My guess is that it has something to do with permissions needed by the cloud client that Catalina is not allowing to run properly.

I have already enabled full disk access to Pro Tools, Hub, and Transport client.

***Ftr, I am aware of the obvious fix of simply downgrading away from Catalina. But I am curious if anyone has solved this issue without going that route.

System Specs (the issue is consistent on both machines)

Studio Machine: 2018 Mac Mini (late 2018). 3.2GHZ i7 six-core, 32 GB RAM

Mobile Machine: 2018 Macbook Pro, 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 Processor, 16 GB of RAM, 1 TB flash storage

Both machines running the latest version of Mac OS and PT.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Finishing Project Syncronization...

+ 1
Old 05-16-2020, 05:22 PM

Same problem here. PC. Pro Tools 2020.03 for me, Pro Tools First for my band mates. I can sync up to the cloud, but they can't. They don't see any change in session, but can close and reopen the project and it shows them the latest to download. Even the chat is very odd, like only showing last message when opening and that's it.
Old 05-17-2020, 03:02 PM

Getting the same issue here.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:45 AM

I've successfully gotten in contact with the Avid engineering team and they have officially logged this as a bug that they are working to fix.

The bug number is PT-261007 if that information is useful to anybody.

There is currently no timetable on a fix.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:05 AM

Hey guys,

Just wanted to drop in and confirm that this bug has been fixed with the 2020.5 update.

My Website
Old 05-25-2020, 04:46 PM

uh, yeah, No. This problem has NOT been resolved.

Pro Tools Cloud Collaboration is completely unusable and has been for weeks now.

This is NOT limited to my system, it's the same for me and several other users I've been dealing lately. All Mac users, all updated to 2020.5, had same problem with 2020.3. Several different Mac OS versions including Mojave, Catalina, etc.

I'm on PT Ultimate 2020.5, Mac OS Mojave 10.14.16 (so it's not a Catalina thing) on this machine.

I've done the Full Disk Access thing with TransportClient and Hub. No change.

Symptoms all of which are intermittent.
- Can't log in from within Pro Tools... "Access Denied"
- Artist Chat window does not populate with any info.
- Often can't open Projects. If they do open, very often not able to share/post any tracks or session info.
- Unable to open Projects shared by others.
- Artist Chat window is unresponsive, sometimes it updates with chats and other times it does not.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTS View Post
uh, yeah, No. This problem has NOT been resolved.

Pro Tools Cloud Collaboration is completely unusable and has been for weeks now.

This is NOT limited to my system, it's the same for me and several other users I've been dealing lately. All Mac users, all updated to 2020.5, had same problem with 2020.3. Several different Mac OS versions including Mojave, Catalina, etc.

I'm on PT Ultimate 2020.5, Mac OS Mojave 10.14.16 (so it's not a Catalina thing) on this machine.

I've done the Full Disk Access thing with TransportClient and Hub. No change.

Symptoms all of which are intermittent.
- Can't log in from within Pro Tools... "Access Denied"
- Artist Chat window does not populate with any info.
- Often can't open Projects. If they do open, very often not able to share/post any tracks or session info.
- Unable to open Projects shared by others.
- Artist Chat window is unresponsive, sometimes it updates with chats and other times it does not.
It sounds like you're experiencing a different issue than the specific bug that I had contacted Avid about. The bug that this thread is about was specifically cited in the 2020.5 release notes and has since stopped appearing. You should consider starting a new thread and reaching out to Avid support.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:06 AM

Make sure to open the Task Manager window before closing a project. You will see a little more detail about what is actually being synced with the cloud and failed tasks will also show. This may give you a little more insight into the issue you are having.

If that doesn't help, then I agree that you should open a support ticket with Avid as this seems to be a different issue than what was fixed in the 2020.5 release.

Thanks,
Will

System Details
Old 05-26-2020, 12:49 PM

It did fix it for me. However, i now get it hanging on opening a project on "checking cloud version for changes" or something like that (not every time, but frequently), anyone seeing that?