Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-14-2003, 03:31 PM

Default Bussing reverb - stereo or mono?

I typically create a stereo aux track and put my Realverb on that, and bus all or most of my tracks to it. The tracks I bus are almost always mono. What, if any, is the advantage of creating a stereo aux for the reverb, rather than a mono aux track, especially since Realverb also comes in mono? thanks
Old 06-14-2003, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Bussing reverb - stereo or mono?

Not to sound overly simple, but stereo reverb will be "stereo" - that is, wide, more depth-- you know - two channels instead of one.

I wouldn't have much use for a mono reverb myself. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2003, 05:04 PM

Not even if it's being bussed to a mono track? What could a mono track do with a stereo reverb? I guess I should do it both ways and see if I hear a difference. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2003, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthemmusic:

I wouldn't have much use for a mono reverb myself. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Mono reverbs are very useful, specially for snare, or when you don`t want the `verb to take up too much room(like creative panning)

cheers,

jorge

www.abacomusic.com
Old 06-14-2003, 05:27 PM

Mono reverbs help to create a bigger sound than using a Stereo reverb all the time..Anthemmusic stated what appears to be the obvious but then again not neccessarily true.. using stereo reverbs can make any mix sound narrow by taking up all the space round the instruments... try using a mono reverb on a snare or panning a mono reveb to the opposite side of a guitar that's being fed to it... I prefer mono reverbs for vocals as well cause if I need wide vocals I'll double with a slap delay or double track it...
Old 06-14-2003, 06:52 PM

Well, looks like I'm going to have to start experimenting with mono reverbs - sounds interesting. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2003, 02:34 AM

I was listening to an old King Curtis CD on my headphones when I accidentally jerked the plug out a little and heard only rev on the guitar on the left side. I often so that for some sounds, panned one side dry and Rev on the other. Whatever workse.