Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 06-16-2022, 03:46 PM

Default Venue - Plugins not appearing in some show files

I have a show file from a Profile. I'm trying to edit it offline and want to replace Waves plugins with built in Avid plugins. When I click the list in my plugins rack, Smack - Fairchild - and many others aren't there as options. When I go to my previous show file from another night and console, all of those plugin options appear. Any ideas how to get them to show up in my latest show file? I really need to build this next show off of that one. Thanks.

I believe the console I was on last week had really old software. Echo Farm didn't show up. My saved file is on older software so I guess that's why the newer plugins don't come up. Not sure how to remedy that.

Last edited by louderock; 06-16-2022 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-17-2022, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Venue - Plugins not appearing in some show files

When bouncing between desks, be sure that you transfer the whole console, not just the Show File. Think of the Show File as the front end of a database. If the some of actual data is missing (everything that was part of that particular console), then the database can only recall so much. If you have kept full Console files from that desk, I would transfer that to my Standalone and then pull up the Profile Show that needed to be modified.
Old 06-18-2022, 08:47 AM

Default Re: Venue - Plugins not appearing in some show files

Sent the file to the techs for the next show. They said the newer plugins are available in the rack when loaded on the S6L. They just didn't show up in my offline editor. I'm guessing it was because of the old software on last week's console that didn't have echo farm, Smack etc. I also went back to my show from 2 weeks ago and was able to build my Avid rack and bypass waves.