Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2009, 05:00 PM

Default ilok surrender license issue

I just upgraded from P.T.MP 7.3.1cs7 to 7.4..... I've gone through the process of downloading the 7.4 onto my Dell 5150 laptop, 3.06GH, 2 gig Ram and when I go to launch, it wants to be authorized.
I've gone onto the iLOK site and see the 7.3/7.4 bundle there for download to the iLOK. I've got one iLOK from when I originally purchased 7.3.. I've done all the preparation in order to download the 7.3/7.4 license bundle and have synchronized the iLOK. The next screen to pop up shows the bundle available for download, however there is a message that I am required to surrender the 7.3 license before I download the 7.3/7.4 bundle.. Problem is, on the screen showing the license I need to surrender is the message that no license is found on any iLOK?? I've just tried ignoring the message to surrender the 7.3 license but that doesn't work. I've only ever had this one iLOK, other than a smaller one specific to Amplitube, so I'm lost and can't download the 7.3/7.4 bundle until I surrender that 7.3 license. How do I proceed? Where is that 7.3 license located? Please help.. How do I see what's on the iLOK, if that's what I've gotta do, but why would there be a message that there's no license to surrender on the iLOK key? I'm already having Music Creating Withdrawal pains from not being able to run the P.T. 7.4 and it's only been an hour!! Thank you, RichrdC
Old 03-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Avid

Default Re: ilok surrender license issue

Can you give us the details of the license that you're trying to download (name, company, type, expiration)?

Are you sure it's not a backup license? What are the details of the license that's already on your iLok?
Old 03-16-2009, 06:36 PM

I went back to Digidesign and figured out the issue.. The bundle on my iLok was just that a bundle. I needed Digi to send me the un-bundled version of 7.4 which was done, and everything works well.. Thank you for coming back to my question. It's great to know this forum is out there.. Take care
Old 04-22-2011, 06:41 PM

I have the same problem, i got the bundle 7.3/7.4 in 2008, i'm still using the 7.3 version, but now i bought a Profire 2626, and i need upgrade to 7.4. How i can get the unbundled version? i'm still with the bundle version, help me.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:52 AM

Please, someone could help me?