Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 01-20-2021, 05:43 PM

Default Eleven Rack Expansion Pack Serialnumber. Help!

I purchased a used Eleven Rack with firmware 1.0.3 installed. I then created an Avid account and purchased the "Avid Eleven Expansion pack".

I tried to update the firmware from a Win10 PC. After failing to update the firmware I found out that you need a Win7 box with IE<=8. I do have a box that I put a base Win7 image on just for the firmware update, but I already used the serial on the failed attempt in Win10. Now I can not even download the package from my avid products section.

I know this has been on these forums many times already. Trust me, I read through all I could on the matter, but I still cannot seem to find a resolution.

Can someone please tell me if Avid will reset my SN so that I can complete my purchased firmware upgrade? If this is something they can do, how do I go about requesting it?

I can't find any details on how to go about contacting them other than "use the support portal". The only options I see require you to purchase an additional "ASC" or service plan. Will I have to pay Avid for service on this sale or should I just attempt to get my money back?

Please help!
Old 01-20-2021, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Expansion Pack Serialnumber. Help!

Welcome to the community. We'll get this sorted out... look for an email shortly.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Welcome to the community. We'll get this sorted out... look for an email shortly.
You rock! Good work. The firmware update has completed. Thanks again!
Old 02-27-2021, 11:00 AM

Hello,

I also have a serial number problem.

After having the Avid Eleven Rack recommended to me by a fellow musician, and finding out that it had been discontinued, I purchased a used unit last summer.

I have been extremely pleased with the unit and the sound possibilities.

Use of the unit and connection to my Mac worked seamlessly - all until I updated my OS from Mojave to Catalina. Big mistake! I could not get the unit to connect regardless of what I tried. I searched for the latest available firmware and installed this in an attempt to fix the computer connection problems after updating the Mac OS.
Nothing helped.

So I opted the long process of "downgrading" my Mac OS to the previous version in order to get things to work.

Following the Mac OS downgrade I was at first pleased to see that I once again could use the Eleven Rack as an input device for recording.

However, at this point I found that all my previous go-to sounds were gone. This is when I found out - to my huge disappointment - that in my attempts to correct issues by installing the latest firmware that the sounds I had used were gone. As a novice 11R user I was not aware that the unit I purchased had the Expansion Pack installed.

I now know that the available firmware version on the Avid site should NOT have been used ... but now the damage is done. No more Expansion Pack sounds.

As it appears that the Expansion Pack is linked to the individual 11R unit I am wondering if it is possible to reinstall the Expansion Pack by providing the hardware serial number of my unit ?

The Covid19 lockdown has left me unable to work for months now and investing in an alternative solution at this point is not an option.

I hope you are able to assist in getting my unit back with the options I have grown to love.
Old 03-02-2021, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmacleod View Post
I also have a serial number problem...
Welcome to the community. Please check your email and reply to the case notice, thanks!
Old 01-05-2023, 09:22 PM

Hello, I recently purchased a used Eleven Rack from Guitar Center and attempted to install the expansion pack. However, I was prompted to enter the Serial No. and System ID and was unable to complete the installation. I then created an Avid account and attempted to register my Eleven Rack in hopes of receiving an assigned Serial No. and System ID, unfortunately, I was prompted to enter the Registration ID included with the original paperwork of the unit, which I didn't receive with my purchase. How do I go about acquiring a Serial No. and System ID? Any help is much appreciated, thank you very much.
Old 01-06-2023, 03:46 AM

Hello

I'm keen to upgrade my Eleven rack firmware from 1.0.3 to latest 2.0.1

is this still possible? i don't seem to be able find anywhere to purchase firmware upgrade??

i bought my 11R unit brand new circa 2011 [i think , very early unit came with 1.0.1 firmware] and still have 'yellow' card but never upgraded after the pain of getting to firmware 1.0.3 and changes in subscription model etc for protools [ie i froze my recording gear in time]. However, i now find myself wanting the stereo delays etc for live use and so am making a last minute attempt... can anyone offer any help??

many thanks

Richie

ps i've used my unit in studio and live for 10+ years [i like it!] and have installed latest drivers so can use with mac [logic DAW] and Win [protools LE8 DAW]...yes i should have done update ages ago but was too scared