Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2002, 01:55 AM

Default Logic Control to control Pro tools : Brilliant !!

Having recently taken delivery of a Logic Control ("LC") and the Digidesign Mbox, I was surprised to see that Emagic have written a driver to allow the Logic control to act as a hardware control surface for Pro Tools (including my Protools LE 5.2)

I downloaded the driver from www.emagic.de and followed the (reasonably complicated) instructions and WOW !!!

I loaded up the protools demo song (which is over 20 tracks with many plug ins) and the Logic Control seemed to work very well with it.

I rewrote some of the automation and tested out all the scroll/solo/mute/record ready buttons and together with the visual representation of the track names on the LCs visual display, it worked perfectly.

The download also contained a 40 page .pdf manual to guide you through the set up and implementation.

Even OMS seemed to work okay.

What can I say, well done Emagic. I believe that the Digi Motor mix is well and truly dead in the water now !!

If emagic could deliver a direct I.O driver for the Mbox, then I would be in Nirvana !!

Regards P [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]