Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2010, 09:22 AM

Default Upgrading from M-Powered Essential

I bought a new-version M-Audio Fast Track USB interface. I'm looking at the M-Audio site, and it shows an upgrade to Pro Tools M-Powered is $150. Is that the upgrade from M-Powered Essential? Or some other upgrade? The site doesn't seem all that clear.

The System Requirements don't say anything about what you're upgrading from, just that you have to have a qualified M-Audio interface (which the Fast Track is).

Also, has it been qualified for Win7? I don't have XP or Vista available to me.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Upgrading from M-Powered Essential

I have a friend that just upgraded from Essentials to M-Powered. He couldn't be happier and it's loaded on a dual quad HP from Wal-Mart running Win7

You'll find the System Requirements here...

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=353265
Digidesign 003R+PT 2020.12.0, Gigabyte GA-Z97X, CPU INTEL i7-4790 4.0Ghz, CORSAIR DOMINATOR 16GB; ATI Radeon™ HD 5450 PCIe Multiple WD Caviar Black 2Tb Spinner Drives; 1 PPA 80GB 1394 Firewire Oxford 911 PYRO PCI64R2 3 Port Firewire Card (PCIe) Antec 300 case. PSU 600W,
Windows 10 Home.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Upgrading from M-Powered Essential

Well it's not a matter of not wanting to; I definitely want to. What I couldn't figure out is if I qualify for upgrade pricing (what does the upgrade version upgrade from? What I think I'm seeing is that I need to buy the "full" version of M-Powered, which is a bummer but understandable. I wouldn't get an iLok with an upgrade box, which from the looks of things is pretty important.

Knowing that Win7 is compatible is a huge help though. :) My system is a self-built system with an AMD quad core and plenty of RAM and drive space, with the Fast Track as my audio interface.

Thanks for the reply, it seems that everythign I asked has been answered. Looking online it appears I can get it for as low as $200, which is awesome, or my wife who works for the community college might be able to get it through teh bookstore.