Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-22-2009, 03:56 PM

Thumbs up Re: EOSS (End of Software Support) Announcements

Quote:
Re: EOSS (End of Software Support) Announcements
Hello all,

Since we posted our plan to end software support for Mix-era peripherals after the current Pro Tools 8.0.1 release, we have received an overwhelming amount of feedback from you. We thank you for that and I wanted you all to know that we're listening. Our goal was to streamline our support in an effort to maximize our internal resources and, ultimately, deliver a better product to you. In this case however, we may have underestimated how many of you were still utilizing these peripherals and the economic hardship that you may experience if you are required to upgrade your gear. As a result, we are pursuing discussions internally to reevaluate our position on this. Please check back here regularly and I will keep you up to date on the results of those discussions. Thanks again for your input.

Steve Siacotos
Product Management – Avid/Digidesign
Glad to hear that.

Thank you.

Hopefully you can squeeze the original Mbox into this also.

It is what it is...

ScrewMakerMusic
Old 09-22-2009, 04:33 PM

Default Re: EOSS (End of Software Support) Announcements

If you can't work the MBox back in than please think about offering any current users of the original MBox a upgrade path to the supported MBox2 series.

A lot of the MBox users hung on to there hardware because they only need two inputs. The current Digi hardware exchange will only allow them to upgrade to a 003 series or MBox2 Pro which is more than most of them need.

Thanks

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 09-30-2009, 01:45 PM

Default Re: EOSS (End of Software Support) Announcements

Agreed. I really do enjoy my original Mbox, plus I just paid for the upgrade to PT 8, now I have to repurchase everything all over again?