Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 08-02-2005, 10:33 AM

Default Anyone tried \"Mighty Mouse\" with PT?

looks pretty cool.

http://www.apple.com/mightymouse/

Macbook Pro 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo OS 10.9.5
ProTools 12.7.1.733
Mbox2 PT 10.2

Scott Whittier
Whittier Creative
http://www.madmix.com/
www.voice123.com/scottwhittier
Old 08-02-2005, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Anyone tried \"Mighty Mouse\" with PT?

I hope it isnt as frustrating to use as it looks. i already want to smash it with a hammer.

I am surprised but it's a multi button mouse that we can RIGHT CLICK like the rest of the humanoid population

$49.00 though? no thanks. about $25.00 bucks too much.

oh, and I hope they get sued for using "mighty mouse".

did i mention I dont like apple under steve jobs? wait..... we officially have a 6% user base now, i take that back! time to rejoice for steve jobs!!.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:46 AM

M$ still owns 42% of them though...

wishful thinking seeker
Old 08-02-2005, 12:03 PM

I saw it...

Makes me want to smash Seekerian with a hammer. No more coffee for you today!

TC
Old 08-02-2005, 12:33 PM

Haha, well at least they arent milking us too bad like they did the "PRO" mouse back in the day.

Steve: i got an idea.

Vp of hardware design: oh boy, here we go again What Steve!

Steve: lets give people a really stupid ROUND mouse that you cant tell which way your holding and then in a year when these mac devotee idiots realize we've done them a favor by offering a regular mouse with NO BUTTONS (for a small fee of 69.99 but it's PRO) they'll be loving us. Then, in a couple of years we can offer a mouse that has a button and a scroll knob and charge them an even more reduced rate of 50 bucks.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:18 PM

Nobody gets it right all the time and, yes, some flops have been rather spectacular. But to say that you don't like Apple under Steve Jobs is just a silly flame. Had it not been for SJ, there probably would be no Apple. Worse, the company would have been bought up by some genius nest like HP or - perish the thought - the ultimate delicate genius, Michael Dell. I'll leave it to your fertile imagination where we'd be today.

Join the cult - buy some Apple stock, SuperBuddy™. You'll feel a whole lot better every time you make an Apple purchase. It's a whole lot more fun that way, I promise.

We’ll fix it in the shrink-wrap. (Frank Zappa)

Old 08-02-2005, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Nobody gets it right all the time and, yes, some flops have been rather spectacular. But to say that you don't like Apple under Steve Jobs is just a silly flame. Had it not been for SJ, there probably would be no Apple. Worse, the company would have been bought up by some genius nest like HP or - perish the thought - the ultimate delicate genius, Michael Dell. I'll leave it to your fertile imagination where we'd be today.

Join the cult - buy some Apple stock, SuperBuddy™. You'll feel a whole lot better every time you make an Apple purchase. It's a whole lot more fun that way, I promise.
ha!

Bought 500 bucks worth in 1999 or so. right before the stock crashed. I bought at 115 a share, they split, then the stock dropped to 15 bucks a share.

and steve gets a new airplane.

pftttt.

I was in the cult before it was cool to be in the cult.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:06 PM

Quote:
[...] I bought at 115 a share, they split, then the stock dropped to 15 bucks a share. [...] I was in the cult before it was cool to be in the cult.
I think the big idea is to "buy low, sell high."
And yes, you are the coolest cat around here.

Old 08-02-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Anyone tried \"Mighty Mouse\" with PT? YES!

Quote:
looks pretty cool.
OK, back on topic.

The Mighty Mouse is just that - mighty! I love the tiny trackball. It works well within PT. I can finally scroll windows by increments smaller than a whole screen without having to move the cursor onto the scroll arrows.

Incidentally, the Mouse’s features vary according to which version OS you are using. Full functionality (such as programming buttons) requires OSX 10.4.2, but things are still a big step up from a standard mouse, if you use 10.3.9.

A word of caution: per Apple’s Mighty Mouse Owner’s Manual, do not install the software that comes with it unless you have 10.4.2 already installed. (Lower OS version do NOT require the software for the MM to work, albeit in somewhat limited fashion.)

Love the mouse!

Old 08-03-2005, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Anyone tried \"Mighty Mouse\" with PT? YES!

I was diagnosed with RSI while using the standard Apple mouse a couple of years ago so much so that it put me out of work for about 3 weeks. After much research, I bought a Logictech mouse which was a massive improvement. One of the problems with the standard Apple mouse (I was later told) is that you have to hover above it all the time so as to not lean on it which presses the button down. Is the mighty mouse the same or do the 'sensitive switches' allow you to lean on the mouse during normal use without triggering them?