Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 11-27-2013, 07:28 AM

Default Suggested Approaches for 5.1 Surround Mixing in Pro Tools 10 with CPTK, C24 control

Hi Family,

I have just set up a post sound lab at my school and have never scored or designed sound in 5.1 environment.

I opened pro tools and was able to, using the Basic 5.1 Template, import an audio track and pan the music through all speakers just fine...so far so good!

Next, I attempted to import a video file to navigate the process of mixing simple dialogue, SFX, music etc. The only problem is, I can't figure out how to create the types of tracks for each application.

I'm pretty sure, just like everything in audio, I have opened yet another door that leads to endless information that requires an infinite amount of research and discovery.

Prior to opening that can of worms I was wondering if, and I mean if, there was a fundamental approach that's not as intimidating as the Basic 5.1 template that looks like the Matrix 6: Like creating a track for footsteps and automating the steps to and through each speaker and specific times.

Guys, whatever words of encouragement, advice, or eye-openers you can provide would be very helpful and greatly appreciated. ...And thanks so much for all your incite from my many previous audio related posts!!!!!!